Baking...

Kristy1214
Kristy1214 Posts: 198
edited September 21 in Recipes
I'm a baker, and although I'm not one to eat a whole lot of what I bake, I love to do it. Normally I bring something into the office weekly, but with a good portion of us here at the office on some sort of diet, or life style change, I'm looking for good ideas to bring in...so I'm reaching out... anyone got a favorite dessert that won't brake the bank for us who are watching our numbers?

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Someone just posted a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that were low cal. They look to be pretty tasty if you wanted to check that out on the recipe forum.
  • I've started to modify my Magnolia Bakery recipes. Splenda, applesauce instead of oil, whole wheat flour, egg beaters/whites, skim milk. Things like that.

Although I'm a little stumped on what to substitute oil in a pumkin bread recipe for.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    ^^^ Applesauce tastes great with pumpkin bread. I just made it this weekend.
  • Thanks Ladies! I'll have to try that. I'm really aching for some apple crisp... mmm...
  • There's a site - www.weelicious.com - that's geared towards kids, but has great, mostly organic recipies. I just got about 4 "sweet treats" off the website yesterday for high fiber/low cal snacks.

She uses things like agave nectar and honey instead of sugar alot, whole wheat flour, oats, fruit, etc, etc.

Just to give an idea, I copied a recipie for banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and also saw a recipe for cookies made with red beets. Yup. Red beets! I'm not brave enough to try that one!!!
This discussion has been closed.