How often do you weigh yourself

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't, really. I don't care what I weigh anymore. Maybe one every 6 months, just for fun.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I have a digit scale that weighs half pounds and I have lost an average of .28 lbs per day (1.97 lbs per week). Weighing every day has really helped me see trends and my poor habits, especially around weekend eating.
  • KittiePerry
    KittiePerry Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the end of every month :)

Sometimes I sneak a peek when I'm really curious though. I think the best thing to do is to just work out, eat right, and not worry about how much you weigh until weigh in day. I actually become excited for the end of the month so I can see what progress I've made!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do.

And it is.
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I have a spreadsheet that I use to track and also have weekly goals for the nexxt 6 months on it.
  • petal1991
    petal1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning first thing. I found it discouraging to weigh myself daily as it would go up and down so much! Weekly means I am seeing a consistent loss :)
  • christylhall
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. A couple of weeks ago I got a Fitbit Aria scale, and I use the site trendweight.com which links with the Fitbit scale and shows you the trend so the fluctuations aren't as bothersome. I like data. I like knowing that I have a pattern of sticking around a certain weight for a while and then dropping a few pounds in one day.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I read that some people weigh themselves daily. Wouldn't that be counter productive?

It's only counter productive if you gain weight by standing on a scale...weigh yourself as your obsession sees fit.
  • bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every day if I'm really working on eating well and being healthy. Avoidance for long periods of time means I'm in denial and letting myself eat poorly and be lazy. Weighing every day makes me accountable. I don't fret over a pound or two, but I have an acceptable range. If I'm above the range (like now), I have to take action.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Every day works for me - both for motivation and that I use libra which works out an average trend based on individual numbers.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. But when I went to Dr. last week I had lost 17 lbs. since December. I go by the fit of my clothes and keep my Dr. appointments!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I last weighed myself sometime last fall.
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself every Saturday. If I weighed myself daily I would get discouraged seeing the numbers go up and down. Everyone is different though.
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Counterproductive to what?

I weigh daily, fluctuations don't bother me. I prefer to keep in touch with my body that way. (But I do forget to do it some days, it's not like I do it obsessively.) After a while you can recognise patterns anyway.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    Every day.

61568574_403.jpg

It teaches me my fluctuation, it allows me to see my trend, and it can even help me see meal impacts. But, I am a data geek.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Every now and then I'll have a fat day where I feel huge and like there's no point to what I'm doing, and I'll look at the scales and be like, no look, it is coming off, don't be a dumbass.

Lol. I like that. I should post "Don't be a dumbass" on my wall.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Daily in the AM before my morning coffee.

And sometimes during the day just to remind myself about how greatly the weight can fluctuate even within a day and sometimes, if I am feeling particularly crazy and haven't pooped in a while, I will do a before and after on that too.

I like having the weigh in as part of my daily routine. I see how foods (and salt) impact my weight. How too many carbs one day = weight gain. How too much salt = weight gain. How not pooping regularly = weight gain.

As long as my overall trend is downward it's all good, even if the scale is sometimes all over the place.
  • MsPantherNPink
    MsPantherNPink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I used to weigh every morning just to see if what I did the day before (exercise) paid off. I tried not to, but curiousity got the best of me. I once had my daughter to take my scale and hide it in the house and only give it to me on Monday mornings. I can honestly say that by weighing weekly I like the results better. It seems like when I weigh daily the scale does not move.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Every day....I can't resist...lol But it keeps me on track!
  • mrsmurawski
    mrsmurawski Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every day. Religiously. Knowing the number keeps me working hard to NOT sabotage it.