Withings Pulse calorie adjustments and food goals

Options
I get calorie adjustments from my withings pulse that are added/subtracted from my MFP food tracking calories. I am wondering if I should change my food calorie goals. What happens is that I set my goal calories at 1900 to meet my weight loss goal over time. But then I might get a negative calorie adjustment of 754 bringing my food calories down to 1200 which is much too low. I am getting a negative calorie adjustment when I am on my feet all day at work (I am a nurse) but there is no way I will do a 1200 calorie limit.

Replies

• beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like fitbit, you need to go to settings and turn off negative adjustment:)
  • cmoore806
    Options
    I just was wondering if I should eliminate my weight loss goal in MFP's calorie calculation and if that would make the negative adjustments more appropriate and accurate.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    What I do on weight training days ( because FB counts steps, and doesn't really work with static exercise) , is enter the workout manually on mfp and fitbit adjusts the accordingly. Have you tried adding in the time spent walking around at work manually on MFP? For example, if you work 8 hours, enter half to be on the safe side, so 4 hours walking, moderate pace.
    I also do not let MFP calculate my calories for me, I enter them manually. Right now they are set at about 1800 and I do eat back exercise calories, so I usually have 2000 to 2500 a day.

Hope this helps:)

Oh, and using this method, I have kept the negative adjustments ON.