What are some things you guys eat at restaurants?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like Olive Garden - I get the unlimited soup meal (no salad), the soups are amazing! They range from around 150 calories to 250 per bowl, the Chicken Gnocchi and Zuppa Toscana soups are amazing. I get to try two or three different kinds of soup and the price is $4.50. Also, sometimes I'll get the sample wine to add flavor to the meal - it's about 1/8th to 1/4th of a glass and costs $0.25.
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Only wish we had a Red Lobster nearby. ;(
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I recommend NOT eating at chain restaurants - most of the food comes in pre-prepared and there is minimal creation in the kitchen. The food is also incredibly high in sodium.

I suggest finding a good small independently own place with a rep for good food and that purchases from local producers- get to know them there and they will generally be happy to prepare a healthy special for you. Not only are you helping the little guy out who is either running a family owned business or its someone fulfilling a dream but you are also helping your local economy.

Absolutely!! Same here....this strategy has never let me down :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I went to Chilli's a couple weeks ago and had the Carne asada steak with corn on the cob and seasonal veggies. It was so incredibly good. :) The steak was one of the best I've had at those places and it was on the lighter menu. Not sure of the stats.