Call out from my butt & thighs....HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

I have the same problem, I carry my extra weight in my butt and thighs. unfortunately you just have to keep losing body fat everywhere, until your body decides it's going to burn fat from the butt. I lost fat from my arms, waist, hips, three different places on my ribs, sternum, and even my FACE before my butt and thighs started to budge. :explode:

It sucks, but there's nothing you can do but keep working at it and not giving up.

It's true you can't spot reduce, but I think the issue is often the muscle underneath the fat. Having breasts and booty does not look bad. But, looks better with shapely muscle under the fat layer. It just looks better to have good glute muscles and lose some fat and keep some fat (if you choose). Much better than losing fat and having the booty droop. This is why weights are so important when eating at a deficit. And OP, as you can see from all of us, the weights have not made us bulky. The muscle definition is from low body fat, showing the muscle underneath (and always more visible with flexing).
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Now I'm just going to figure out how to get the money to purchase weights. :tongue:
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Also, full situps are one of the least effective ab workouts there is.

Really? Wow, I had no idea! If that's true, I'm seriously pissed. I hate those things. LOL

I know right? Makes me so mad, all that time I wasted in the late 90s doing 100s of situps a day because Britney Spears claimed that's what gave her great abs.

Had someone just told me that until I put down the cheetos and the 32 oz of sugared coke I was consuming every day, I was wasting my time, that would have been greatly appreciated.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Now I'm just going to figure out how to get the money to purchase weights. :tongue:
    Walmart has really cheap ones as long as you don't care that they're just metal and not pretty colors.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I agree with hip thrusts, donkey kicks, dead lifts, and adding weights! Also I recommend leg lifts on your sides too so you get all angles of the booty :)
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Until you can afford weights, cans of soup and milk jugs full of water or milk or whatever you have work well - especially if you're not yet up to super heavy stuff. No need to spend a bunch of money :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Until you can afford weights, cans of soup and milk jugs full of water or milk or whatever you have work well - especially if you're not yet up to super heavy stuff. No need to spend a bunch of money :)
    True. Anything you can grip or lift will do.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Try craiglist, even the free section, for exercise equipment. Many folks get tired of an oversized clothes rack and will give them away for free/cheap!