Eating from 6 PM to 6 PM (especially for snackers)

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
A Weight Watcher leader recommended to me some time back to eat from 6 to 6. I am going to start that process today. So a new day for me starts at 6pm instead of in the mornings. So I started my calorie day last night at six with my dinner and junk.

This worked for me before because I have a problem snacking at night time and I have no problem eating less in day time.

It worked for me before and I am going to give it another try. It can be whatever time you use.

Have any of you tried this and has it worked for you? Your thoughts if any. Just throwing it out there for you, especially if you tend to eat more in the evenings.

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    I never used to eat past 6:30. At our house we are at the table at 6. I find myself often exercising after dinner so I am often hungry at 8 or 9. They say it's not good to eat that late but I get hungry and it is also not good not to eat when hungry.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Not sure I understand: are you eating 6pm to 6am? IF not, what is the difference 6pm to 6pm - it is still 24hours? Sorry, I am slow on the upload....haha.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    All you can eat for 1 minute? :D
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Not sure I understand: are you eating 6pm to 6am? IF not, what is the difference 6pm to 6pm - it is still 24hours? Sorry, I am slow on the upload....haha.

Most of us start our day in the mornings time. I start my calorie day at 6PM with dinner being my 1st meal of the day and lunch being my last meal of the day. It is still 24 hours, this is why it works as long as you stay within your calories.

That is the concept. Since I am a snacker and eat more calories at nite time. I still have to watch what I eat but I am better at eating less during the day than at night.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    I think it means basically track your daily food starting with your evening meal, to help stay within your calories - just a different way of looking at your daily food. I think that is a great idea, I am a snacker - but my worst time is right after work so I may try tracking from 3pm-3pm.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    A Weight Watcher leader recommended to me some time back to eat from 6 to 6. I am going to start that process today. So a new day for me starts at 6pm instead of in the mornings. So I started my calorie day last night at six with my dinner and junk.

I should have made this more clearer by saying "eat from 6pm today to 6pm the next day".
  • ellennow
    ellennow Posts: 568
    Interesting concept Mollie. I like the idea and have the same issue... please let me know how that works for you. I just may have to try this too. Thanks for posting.
This discussion has been closed.