A neat little part of workin' on my fitness:

Options
verymissk
verymissk Posts: 262 Member
[I'm only posting this to the forums because I don't like the format of blogs or status feed, just as an FYI...]

Lately I've started to notice how much easier it is to get around... I'm much more flexible, I'm able to hold my own body weight better, and I'm just generally more mobile... I find myself doing random little things (like when I'm stuck at the back of the sofa behind husbands and dogs, and I need to get out, I just raise up on my hands, extend my leg over them, and just kinda 'hop' out) -- I hop up, spin around and go, "whoa, I totally just did some acrobat *kitten*." It's not really acrobatic.. lol... but I can promise you that 40 pounds ago, I would have had to halfway roll myself off the edge of the couch and disrupt everyone in my wake.

Just lots of little things like that are happening as a result of lowering my overall size and getting much stronger. It's neato.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have noticed similar changes in myself. At work I can move around much better without getting winded. At home I am more willing to do strenuous acitivites because it isnt as hard to get up and down. I owe it to weight loss, strength training, and cardio.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this is awesome to hear! it is crazy how little trivial things become easier....and we may not have even noticed our own difficulties with things, being so used to it and all.

keep up the fantastic work!!!

giphy.gif
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    THAT DOG'S SWEATER IS FABULOUS!!!!

I'm about to post a bunch more pics .... I might have to give the bikini thread a restart.....
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome...and I think that just being able to do more stuffs is a great motivator to get and keep in shape. You rock my socks, K!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

I thought the dog was stripy on first glance...
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    [I'm only posting this to the forums because I don't like the format of blogs or status feed, just as an FYI...]

Lately I've started to notice how much easier it is to get around... I'm much more flexible, I'm able to hold my own body weight better, and I'm just generally more mobile... I find myself doing random little things (like when I'm stuck at the back of the sofa behind husbands and dogs, and I need to get out, I just raise up on my hands, extend my leg over them, and just kinda 'hop' out) -- I hop up, spin around and go, "whoa, I totally just did some acrobat *kitten*." It's not really acrobatic.. lol... but I can promise you that 40 pounds ago, I would have had to halfway roll myself off the edge of the couch and disrupt everyone in my wake.

Just lots of little things like that are happening as a result of lowering my overall size and getting much stronger. It's neato.

Husbands? How many of them do you have?! ;)

Just kidding...I think that is great. Keep up the amazing work!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I had a moment at one point where I realized walking was easier because I had increased range of motion in my hips. It's such a great NSV!!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You're the shizz, Miss K!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Pretty damn awesome! I can relate to some of this. Keep it up!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    That's so cool!

I haven't worked out as much or gotten to that level! But I love feeling so much lighter and more mobile. When I was much heavier I prided myself on being quite flexible for my size, and I still am but more so, I can only hope in the future I'll notice even more of these little moments.

It's awesome to surprise yourself. yay!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I say revive the bikini thread.
  • Schmiznurf
    Options
    That's great, it feels good to be moving better and is great motivation to carry on.

The same thing has happened with me, I had back pains and my knees would hurt whenever I stood up from the sofa or a chair, but now I don't feel any of it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!