Lots to lose, but feeling positive today!

Options
I started MFP and calorie counting yesterday...I didn't think that I would like this method, but I really like it. It sounds stupid, but I'm 48 and I truly did not realize how many calories I was actually consuming in a normal day. I need some friends on this site to help me with ACCOUNTABILITY and motivation! I have alot to lose, and many lifestyle changes to make, and I this is something that I will
be checking in with daily...please add me as a friend and I'd love to add you. I have to make this work and I need help!

Replies

• 25point4
    25point4 Posts: 35
    Options
    Das it. I thought I would never use it but so glad I installed the app. Learning proper nutrition and balance (and sticking to it) is amazing. Good luck.
  • jenandhaiku
    Options
    Congrats on making the first step! I started MFP last year, then fell off the wagon for a while (just trying other things). But i'm back - i've learned that the accountability factor is soooo important. I just moved to a new town and started a new job - I am lacking in support right now. I'd love to have some friends :)
  • tbs41
    tbs41 Posts: 8
    Options
    Well, consider it done then! I'm adding you right now & we can help each other, ok? Congrats to you on being back on the wagon. I'm interested to hear you say that accountability is important....I was tempted to make all my info private, but then I thought that I've been private for far too long now, and its harming me, not helping me. So, it is what it is, I'm owning it. I've always thought that its sooooo hard to diet in secret, you know? It must be hard for you at a new job....its hard for me to own I'm dieting to my co-workers and I've worked here for 7 years!
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    .I was tempted to make all my info private, but then I thought that I've been private for far too long now, and its harming me, not helping me. So, it is what it is, I'm owning it.

I could not have said this better myself!

Cheers!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =)
  • jenandhaiku
    Options
    The company I work for really promotes healthy eating, so i'm used to being able to chat with the ladies and share dieting tips and recipes and stuff. I started a weight loss challenge for 13 weeks before Christmas and it was great.We all put $20 in the pot and the winner got it all ($260). Oh there was a $2 penalty each week if you didn't lose weight too. You had no choice but to bring a healthly lunch and share "good" stories. I guess that's where the accountability thing comes in. You step on the scale and gain 2 pounds.... not a good feeling when you've let others down.

Now i'm the only female at work surrounded by guys who want to eat pizza every day!! A different world for sure.

Oh and I was the winner by the way! But i've gained it all back with no dieting friends around.

I am a very private person too... but I am never afraid to say that i'm trying to make healthier choices. "Everyday is a chance to get better".
  • beachgrl79
    beachgrl79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you, as I too am looking for some accountability partners and motivation. I want to lose at least 65 pounds...but ultimately more like 100. That number seems impossible to me so I am trying to take baby steps. I am on my feet a lot but need to make time in my days for actual exercise. I have started hiking near my house, and go about 2 miles each time but would like to do more. We can share stories if you would like. I live in CA, how about you?
  • beachgrl79
    beachgrl79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We did something like this at my work and I was winning but then my friend was more motivated than me and I lost. Then I started a new relationship and gained all of it back and then some. I desperately need to lose so that I can feel better about myself, and I want to be healthier for myself and my kids. I will add you if you don't mind!