can't stop binging/ eating compulsively.

Options
HELLLLLLP! HELP HELP HELP!

I CANNOT stop eating. I don't know what's wrong with me. I try ssooooo hard to live a healthy lifestyle but I always end up binging. Someone help me i fee like I've tried everything. I'm really slim so when I tell my family they brush it off but it's affecting me PSYCHOLOGICALLY. And eventually I am gonna end up fat. No one understands me because I'm underweight. No one takes me seriously. I've tried counselling and it didn't help. I've tried tapping, it didn't help. What should I do? I'm desperate. I don't want to get fat. I just want a normal relationship with food.

I used to be able to eat one biscuit and be satisfied before I lost weight. Now I have to eat half the packet or eat something else that's sugary. I don't want to continue like this. It's unhealthy. It's disgusting. I binge at least 2 times a week between 1,000-1500 calories.

Someone please help me break this habit. Please..

Replies

• bfanjoy1993
    bfanjoy1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I tend to have the same problem which is most likely the cause of my recent weight gain. I've restarted my diet and I have kind of started of things in order to trick myself. The first thing is though that it will take a lot of mental power in order to tell yourself no you don't need it, it'll put me over my count, I'm not actually hungry right now, etc. However, you just have to keep after yourself and keep your guard up.
    Some of my strategies include:
    - when you go shopping, don't allow yourself to buy any or an excess of sugary, or bingy things. This way if it's not in the house how can you eat it.
    - always keep a water bottle around. I have found that personally it's the act of just having something in your hands and it making it into your stomach. If you have the water bottle you have something to fiddle with, and when you end up drinking it, the water still adds up to 0 calories!
    - eat lots of small, low calorie items. Sometimes you and/or your body just wants the feeling of eating a lot. So if you have a lot of something small and low calorie you trick yourself into thinking that you are having a lot meanwhile it's not running up your calorie count for the day. Fruit and yogurt either together or on their own are great for this.

I hope this helps, and if I do come up with any other I will let you know.
    Good luck!
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    Hi,

I never buy anything sugary when i go out. I stay clean but my mum loves to buy biscuits and ice cream. these are the things i binge on. if not i'll make toast just so i can eat something. its so ****ed up.

I've tried drinking water with no luck and usually snack on low calorie fruit throughout the day :( *sigh* i don't know what to do nothing seems to work for me. I feel hopeless.

I don't know whether its because I'm underweight and its just "my body compensating" thats what my mum always tells me but i'm not convinced.

I just want this cycle to end for good :(
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Have you identified your trigger yet?
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    Have you identified your trigger yet?

i've tried to but i dont think i have one. i just eat when i feel like it. its terrible
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    Hi,
    I tend to have the same problem which is most likely the cause of my recent weight gain. I've restarted my diet and I have kind of started of things in order to trick myself. The first thing is though that it will take a lot of mental power in order to tell yourself no you don't need it, it'll put me over my count, I'm not actually hungry right now, etc. However, you just have to keep after yourself and keep your guard up.
    Some of my strategies include:
    - when you go shopping, don't allow yourself to buy any or an excess of sugary, or bingy things. This way if it's not in the house how can you eat it.
    - always keep a water bottle around. I have found that personally it's the act of just having something in your hands and it making it into your stomach. If you have the water bottle you have something to fiddle with, and when you end up drinking it, the water still adds up to 0 calories!
    - eat lots of small, low calorie items. Sometimes you and/or your body just wants the feeling of eating a lot. So if you have a lot of something small and low calorie you trick yourself into thinking that you are having a lot meanwhile it's not running up your calorie count for the day. Fruit and yogurt either together or on their own are great for this.

I hope this helps, and if I do come up with any other I will let you know.
    Good luck!

I never buy anything sugary when i go out. I stay clean but my mum loves to buy biscuits and ice cream. these are the things i binge on. if not i'll make toast just so i can eat something. its so ****ed up.

I've tried drinking water with no luck and usually snack on low calorie fruit throughout the day :( *sigh* i don't know what to do nothing seems to work for me. I feel hopeless.

I don't know whether its because I'm underweight and its just "my body compensating" thats what my mum always tells me but i'm not convinced.

I just want this cycle to end for good :(
  • chadtruitt
    Options
    lots of water and low cal vegies.... I had a bad craving last night and ended up drinking a half gallon of water and an entire bag of baby carrots....

You have to learn will power for this to work..... having ice cream and biscuits available is really tough.... You CAN DO IT!!!!
  • cholepapi
    Options
    No you have one. That's why you can't stop what you don't know what to catch so you can stop. I'm going to try to help you here. When was the first time you started binging?
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    lots of water and low cal vegies.... I had a bad craving last night and ended up drinking a half gallon of water and an entire bag of baby carrots....

You have to learn will power for this to work..... having ice cream and biscuits available is really tough.... You CAN DO IT!!!!

thanks i'll just keep trying
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    No you have one. That's why you can't stop what you don't know what to catch so you can stop. I'm going to try to help you here. When was the first time you started binging?

the first time was last September.. after i had my lunch after school
  • cholepapi
    Options
    What was happening at that specific time? Try to think very specifically.
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    What was happening at that specific time? Try to think very specifically.

i was about to do some studying.. and then i just started reaching for biscuits and couldnt stop
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you only tried counseling with one counselor a couple of times, perhaps it wasn't a good fit. It took me a year of therapy before I felt okay. Maybe try a different therapist. You won't know if something works unless you give it an earnest try.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    When you binge, you eat 1,000 - 1,500 calories? Thats not a binge. How much do you eat on your none binge days? 400 calories?
  • cholepapi
    Options
    Before that specific day....what was eating a meal like?
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    If you only tried counseling with one counselor a couple of times, perhaps it wasn't a good fit. It took me a year of therapy before I felt okay. Maybe try a different therapist. You won't know if something works unless you give it an earnest try.

thanks, i've tried two local counselors and they haven't worked. if anything, they've made it worse and made excuses for my binging. i don't know where else to turn there's no other counselors near where i live
  • BioticMatriarch
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from about binge eating. As someone stated before, finding your triggers is a major help.

Are you under a lot of stress? Minor/major stressors like school, family, or personal issues have a way of sneaking in and can make us binge without us realizing it.

I find that if I have a sign with the word HALT I made hung up on the fridge helps me cope with binging.

HALT:
    Are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.

Here is a little infographic I found that helps.
    http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/46/cc/90/46cc9000457370ce55489e3cb92df743.jpg

If you need someone to talk to about it, I'm here :)
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    When you binge, you eat 1,000 - 1,500 calories? Thats not a binge. How much do you eat on your none binge days? 400 calories?

i eat that amount in one sitting on non binge days. when i don't binge i typically eat anywhere between 1,000 - 1,500 calories in total depending on the day
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    Before that specific day....what was eating a meal like?

normal i guess. I started restricting my calories to lose weight and so had been eating strict low calorie meals but I was happy and felt good. meals were good.
  • cholepapi
    Options
    You can add me on MFP. It's very hard to talk to you through everyone's post.
  • Chrissyy95
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from about binge eating. As someone stated before, finding your triggers is a major help.

Are you under a lot of stress? Minor/major stressors like school, family, or personal issues have a way of sneaking in and can make us binge without us realizing it.

I find that if I have a sign with the word HALT I made hung up on the fridge helps me cope with binging.

HALT:
    Are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.

Thank you so much :) i'll see if its helpful

thank you so much I'll try this
    Here is a little infographic I found that helps.
    http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/46/cc/90/46cc9000457370ce55489e3cb92df743.jpg

If you need someone to talk to about it, I'm here :)