Healthy BMI

Options
StaciMarie1974
StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
I know BMI is not the end all, be all, but I'm pretty excited as I just realized I am back in the healthy range. 24.9!

Replies

• _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo!!! 6 more lbs for me and I will be officially back in the healthy range too! Way to go :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yay! I just hit my healthy range a week ago too, for the first time since 15!
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Had not realized I was so close. I'm down almost 25 pounds since Christmas. :)
  • calamarione
    calamarione Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is excellent, congrats! I'm at 25 so 0.1 away for me!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Holding a BMI of 20.1 - meaning that at my age and height and weight I am in the 2nd percentile. 98% of women of my age & height (in the US I assume) weigh more than I do. That's just nuts Makes one worry about the state of the nation... it's not like I'm some srawn.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I hear ya about the state of the nation. When I go to a local park and find the parking lot nearly full, and see many people walking the track, kids playing on the play ground or riding their bikes: makes me smile.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Holding a BMI of 20.1 - meaning that at my age and height and weight I am in the 2nd percentile. 98% of women of my age & height (in the US I assume) weigh more than I do. That's just nuts Makes one worry about the state of the nation... it's not like I'm some srawn.

I'm at 23.6 at the moment and when i get to goal of 140 pounds i'll be about 22.3. I have to keep in mind that I have about 10 pounds of excess skin that unfortunately I can't afford to have removed. if I was at goal and I DID have that hacked off it would put me at more like 130 with a BMI of 20.7. That being the case, If I got to that BMI without having the skin taken off, my ''real'' (excess skinless) weight would be more like 120 which would be too close to underweight for my liking. I want to have room on either side so that if I got sick or something I would have room to lose without being underweight and if I went on vacation and couldn't log things or at least not log them totally accurately, I would have a good bit of safety room before heading into ''overweight'' territory.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I have 4.5-6 pounds of titanium in my legs (auto accident 11 years ago; I survived - the car did not) and I'm 5' 5.5". Most BMI projects don't allow for 1/2 inches so I round up to 5' 6" and figure this accounts for the heavy metal.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm not sure if I will ever get to the healthy range but just this morning I went from Obese to Overweight! JOY!!!
  • morefit_bec
    morefit_bec Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just reached 24.8 two weeks ago and I was very excited. :)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have 8 pounds to go to a healthy BMI :)
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know BMI is not the end all, be all

exactly. for example, my BMI is just over 23 (where overweight begins at 25)... and i'm probably sub 10% bodyfat. So basically BMI is just a fun number to look at. not a great relation of health for anyone who's active and works out.
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 lb away from a healthy BMI (5'3" and 150 lb right now) and I have a question.

How do you know when you are really healthy and can stop losing and start maintaining?

I have a large frame and hourglass shape and it seems to me that after getting off ten more lb (which are coming off really slowly) then I won't have anymore to lose by the looks of things.

Would it be healthier to get to 135 or even 130?
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am still 20 lbs away. But congratulations
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 lb away from a healthy BMI (5'3" and 150 lb right now) and I have a question.

How do you know when you are really healthy and can stop losing and start maintaining?

I have a large frame and hourglass shape and it seems to me that after getting off ten more lb (which are coming off really slowly) then I won't have anymore to lose by the looks of things.

Would it be healthier to get to 135 or even 130?

Same here I'm 5ft 3 and 150, my goal has always been 140, but I think I may have to go a bit lower unless this last 10lb makes a huge difference, I'm a medium frame with no boobs left though lol. I don't like not knowing how much I have left to go, but I've sort of accepted I'm just going to have to get to 140 and then see. I'm getting all the "don't lose any more" comments too, which throws me a bit, but I haven't made all this effort not to get to a healthy bmi and a weight I'm happy with.

Congratulations to everyone who has reached a healthy bmi, I really can't wait to be able to celebrate too :smile:
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    went from obese to over weight (happy)
    over weight to healthy ( very happy )
  • saf1040
    saf1040 Posts: 21
    Options
    Never followed BMI, it still says I am obese!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!