protein shake questions

So I have been using a protein shake called promasil. Only 100 calories and no sugars or carbs. The problem is it is sooooo expensive. Anyone have cheaper options that are similar? I have 100 pounds to lose and have trouble with dairy products so I need something lactose free.

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    whites_product_img.jpg
    4.4 calories per gram of protein. put it in a non-stick skillet before you take a shower. get out, enjoy protein :)

But seriously, promasil is pretty competitively priced. You may be able to find cheaper at your local grocery store or pharmacy, but it will probably be a trade-off in terms of sugars/carbs.
  • mallory5385
    mallory5385 Posts: 45 Member
    My mom has a problem with milk too, she buys the muscle milk 100 calories protein shakes. It's about 20$ for around 40 servings (I think).
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    My mom has a problem with milk too, she buys the muscle milk 100 calories protein shakes. It's about 20$ for around 40 servings (I think).

Muscle milk is great. I highly recommend it. I do also, recommend the egg whites. Egg white are pure protein and SO low in calories. I always find I am less hungry when I eat rather than drink my protein.

A
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    I do not recommend muscle milk. It's higher in calories, and only 16g protein per scoop. Not that it's bad for you but there are just better, cheaper proteins out there for you than Muscle Milk. For example Body Fortress runs at about $20 and Optimum is another good one. They are also 30g of protein per scoop, and low in calories so you get more bang for your buck. Greek yogurt runs at about 18g protein and so does tuna pouches. 5 tbsp of egg whites will get you 20g of protein.
  • MeanNurseGM95
    MeanNurseGM95 Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks for all the advice. Think I will try eggs and tuna more often. I will look into the other shakes too.
  • cuyunamike
    cuyunamike Posts: 29 Member
    We use Optimum Nutrition and it tastes pretty good. I've done my research, and this is probably the best stuff on the market. Has 23g of protein with only 1g of sugar. It does not contain sucralose which a lot of the other brands have hiding in it. Mixes great with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Buy on Amazon and save a bunch.