energy surge...!?

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
i have been working out religiously for about a month and a half now. i have a schedule of classes that i love, and i throw in some weight lifting through the week and hiking on the weekends, and it's been working really well for me. but the last couple of days i have noticed that i have a lot more energy after my workouts than i used to! in my head, i'm still ready to do more, and i even entertain the idea of starting up couch to 5k again on top of everything i am currently doing. but....i'm kind of nervous about adding more because i'm afraid of burning out. i do want to challenge myself, but i don't want to overdo it, and i've never felt like i could do so much before, so i'm not really sure how to handle it. should i take it and run with it (literally) or should i stick with what i'm doing? i've just picked up a second class for friday mornings, and i have increased my weights for my lifting routine. has anyone gone through this? what would ya'll do?

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    When I'm done with my 5 or 6 miles for the day and cool off and leave then come back home I have the urge to go again but I fight it. I've done it a couple of times and the next day I'm sapped.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Need to start working harder during the work out. WHen you are done working out you need to be barely able to walk.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    I think it's entirely down to the individual. I do add more in to my days now - for instance even after working out with my trainer yesterday morning I felt I could do more so I went swimming. Take it one day at a time -add some more in and if you can handle it keep adding xxx
This discussion has been closed.