500 Cal Solid Fulfilling Meal Ideas

albayin
albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
Hi,

I was wondering about some ideas on a solid 500 cal meal. i have about this much left for today...

Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Chicken breast and a variety of vegetables. Followed by some Ice cream.

Protein, fats, carbs. Yum. Enjoy.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    A typical (half) chicken breast is what, 150 calories tops? Bake and eat with a little bit of BBQ sauce, a ton of lightly steamed veggies, and a small portion of a starch and you should be good to go for under 500 cals easy.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    I just had a 400 cal dinner of fried potatoes and onions and two fried eggs. Just watch the amount of oil for frying!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Are you sure "fulfilling" is the word you wanted to use? I think you mean "filling", right?

Try ground turkey/cubed grilled chicken, lentils and spaghetti sauce. It's much more fulling than spaghetti noodles, and I think tastes better than spaghetti anyway. It's about 500 cals, or under, for a good sized bowl.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    you like eggbeaters?

you can eat a crap-ton of eggbeaters which are super filling, and even have some toast and homefries. well balanced macros, and breakfast for dinner is FUN!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    I'm having stir fry for dinner. It's almost exactly 500 calories, and it includes brown rice, oven baked tofu, green pepper, cremini mushrooms, nappa cabbage, steamed broccoli, and some sauce to go on top. You could easily swap out the tofu for another lean protein.It's already logged in my diary if you want to have a look. :smile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Second Lunch
    Great Value - Philly Style Chicken Breast, 1 piece (98g) 150 2 9 19
    Sour Cream - Light Sour Cream Simply Kraft, 31 g (2 tbsp) 35 2 2 2
    Walmart Great Value - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 92 g 50 2 0 10
    Pace - Chunky Salsa Mild All Natural, 4 Tbs 20 6 0 0
    Bimbo - Soft White Bread, 2 slices - 47g 120 23 1 4
    Smuckers - Preserves - Strawberry, 1 tbsp (20 grams) 50 13 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 425 48 12 35

Dinner
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 200 g 220 0 2 46
    Kraft - Catalina Salad Dressing, 2 Tbsp 90 8 6 0
    Fresh Express Incorporated - Spinach, (85g) 20 2 0 1
    Great Value - Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 cup (28g) 110 1 9 7
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 150 g 21 4 0 1
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 50 g 8 2 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 469 17 17 55
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    2 ounces whole wheat pasta (200 cal)
    1/2 cup marinara sauce (50cal)
    2 cup frozen broccoli florets (60 cal)
    1 jennie o hot link sausage (160 cal)- I cut it in chunks
    Mix all of it together. Huge amount of food- about 470 calories.
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    A good sized salad with lots of different veggies and a great vinaigrette, baked potato (medium sized about 200 cal) with fat free sour cream and chives, and some form of lean meat. I like turkey sausage (2 oz. = 100 cal)! And you can use the rest of the calories for something sweet! :smile:
  • albayin
    Are you sure "fulfilling" is the word you wanted to use? I think you mean "filling", right?

Try ground turkey/cubed grilled chicken, lentils and spaghetti sauce. It's much more fulling than spaghetti noodles, and I think tastes better than spaghetti anyway. It's about 500 cals, or under, for a good sized bowl.

LOL whatever makes me feel full is what I meant...pardon my English.
  • albayin
    All sounds good...but my problem is I am a big eater...the stuff you guys listed is on my list too but portion wise I don't know how to handle...What's your normal protein size, 6 oz, 8 oz?
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    My work day breakfast: Scoop of protein (Vanilla creme flavor), 3 random packs of instant oatmeal/cream of wheat. (I have 6 different flavors of oatmeal/cream of wheat, so I mix and match).
    Puts me in the 500-550 range.
    This mornings was 540cals, 86carb, 28pro, 13fat.

Lunch: 8oz chicken breast, 1.25cups spinach, 0.17cups sunflower seeds, some carrots, onions, banana peppers, and balsamic vinegar.
    570cals, 20carb, 77pro, 19fat.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Grilled top sirloin steak (300 calories for about 6 oz (trimmed) and half a large baked potato (150 -200) with a tsp of butter on the potato!