WOW!! You're AWESOME!! =)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Dang
  • TXmama
    TXmama Posts: 37
    Options
    So... you're half the man you used to be! :) Seriously, it's an amazing transformation, you look fantastic, congratulations!
  • doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    WOW! There's a twinkle in your eye - glad to see you're so happy. You look amazing. Great job on the weight loss.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    what an amazing transformation.....congrats on your hard work....it is very nice to see male success stories on here...so often we think this struggle with weight is solely the issue of the women around us...but so many men struggle and i am so happy to see their success stories on here too....
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Woweee! You look like a new person, and I know you feel like one! So handsome ;) Good work!
  • njjacob
    Options
    WOW OMG You look amazing.. Keep up the good work!
  • pam3046
    pam3046 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow, great job. What an inspiration. According to your picture, I wouldn't push down to 160, you look great at 180. Don't want to loose too much...:smile:
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that.

I see that you joined in April of 08 and have been working on this for about two and a half years now.

That is so encouraging.

I am a month into this process and have about 3 years ahead of me until I reach my goal. My heaviest was 384, I started a month ago at 370). So it is nice to see someone who has stuck with it and is still going after all this time.

What are some things that helped you along the way? What worked, what didn't? What rewards did you give yourself and when? and most importantly, how did you handle the weeks when you lose? How did you keep it up for so long?

Congratulations on your progress. You are a great example for all of us.

Eva
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    145 pounds!!!! Congratulations doesn't seem like a big enough word!! :drinker:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Awesome job!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    WOW! Yer cute!!! And that woman in the first photo is about to eat your head. CONGRATS!

My god I love reading your posts lol...and yes sir you look fantastic, and judging by the look on your face, you feel fantastic too!
  • WaitLoser
    WaitLoser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that.

I see that you joined in April of 08 and have been working on this for about two and a half years now.

That is so encouraging.

I am a month into this process and have about 3 years ahead of me until I reach my goal. My heaviest was 384, I started a month ago at 370). So it is nice to see someone who has stuck with it and is still going after all this time.

What are some things that helped you along the way? What worked, what didn't? What rewards did you give yourself and when? and most importantly, how did you handle the weeks when you lose? How did you keep it up for so long?

Congratulations on your progress. You are a great example for all of us.

Eva

Hey Eva - actually, the bad news is that I have been working on this since december 2006. That's why I posted the picture... I don't have many from back then. That was the same winter when I peaked at 325. I've been working at it since.

The best thing that helped me is not rushing things. I have always figured that it took me years to get here, it will take me years to get back.

Also, don't *EVER* give up things you enjoy. Start out by finding ways to substitute them with healthy stuff (skinny cow, can't believe its not butter, etc), and then start slowly putting the real thing back into your diet as your willpower grows. I use real butter. I cook with whole milk and cream. I use whole, real foods, but I eat them in realistic portions. If I have a slip up, I accept that I'm human and maybe that 2nd slice of cake wasn't a good idea, and I run an extra mile or two the next day to compensate.

Don't beat yourself up over anything. It's a hard journey, and the fact that you're trying is more effort than most people ever *REALLY* put into it.

Don't be afraid to try new things.

Set yourself small goals. Each little victory builds your willpower and confidence that you can do it.

Just some general thoughts :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. You look a lot happier and healthier.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    What a cutie!! :) You look great!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • darcibean
    Options
    Wow! You look really happy too!! Great job!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!