Salad dressing recipes

Options
Does anyone have a good simple salad dressing recipe?

Thanks.

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i make lots.. my favorite is i use half a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, half a table spoon of apple cider vinegar, a little stevia and some dijon mustard. Sometimes i put parmesan into that mix depending how many calories i have. You can adjust the oil to vinegar ratio to your own personal preference. or omit the stevia :smile:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A recent favourite of mine has been about a teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/2 a teaspoon of pre-minced garlic, half a tomato (or whole, depending on the size. Probably around 3 Tbsp total), 2 Tbsp canned corn, and a dash of hot sauce. More of a salsa than a dressing I guess, but it's delicious!
  • fernelia91
    Options
    One part olive oil to one part balsamic vinegar (or 1 part to 2, if you really love balsamic and want to reduce the fat), minced fresh garlic, chopped fresh basil and/or rosemary, salt and pepper.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    any sugar free jelly/jam mix with white vinegar or apple cider vinegar with a drizzle of olive oil or flax seed oil- endless possibilities:wink:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    becki - that sounds really good! I'd throw a jalapeno in the food processor along with it too!
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Robin - Good idea! For myself the hot sauce is all I can handle. I'm a wuss when it comes to heat!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if all would agree but I find it hard to get a good diet Ranch dressing (love ranch) anyway...I use fat free miracle whip, splenda, a little hidden valley ranch seasoning, a little vinegar and some fat free milk....not to shabby....and virtually fat free, yet creamy....
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump