Success Pics and Question

Options
2»

Replies

• 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    the body wraps are not what is going to do the work, its the coconut oil that does its job, it makes sure the elasticitty in the skin regains and slowly heals it, it takes a long time, but i have used it on myself and my skin has definately tightened up due to the elasticity,
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses coconut oil. I'm going to try to borrow some. How exactly do you use it? Just slather it on like a Thanksgiving turkey? How often do you do it and how long do you leave it on before showering?

As for the no six pack, I just don't want to get too lean. I like the thick muscular look vs lean muscular look. Not knocking that look, it just not for me.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am looking for help with my loose skin on my stomach area also. I think I might try the coconut oil too!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    There have been people with great success with tightening loose skin. I know that drinking lots of water, strength training, and time is the best ways to help with that. I have also heard the you can use a derma roller which could help. I have actually been looking into buying one and trying. Also taking collagen pills could help. I have heard that you can use some stuff like vitamin e, rosehip oil, coconut oil, aloe, an cocoa butter which works for some people as well. awesome job on losing the weight too. :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Amazing work - you look great. As to the skin, I've heard it can take up to 2 years for skin to catch up. Regular exfoliating and massaging might help.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    You look great, skin will get better with time.
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses coconut oil. I'm going to try to borrow some. How exactly do you use it? Just slather it on like a Thanksgiving turkey? How often do you do it and how long do you leave it on before showering?

As for the no six pack, I just don't want to get too lean. I like the thick muscular look vs lean muscular look. Not knocking that look, it just not for me.

I massage my guy with coconut oil... so not just "slathering", but rubbing it in. I honestly don't know if this and the skin tightening creams work for loose skin, but it makes for smell good, feel good skin :)

seriously though, just keep hitting the gym and be patient... give it a year and you should see positive results.
  • winonavampire
    Options
    Awesome. I'm going to try this tonight.

Here's to smelling like a Piña colada!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • winonavampire
    Options
    Well, Day two of coconut oil applications. Obviously I am not expecting any results at this point in time, but I am giving it a go!

Thank you so much everyone for all your encouragement and advice!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just want to say that you look great! I find it impressive that you've gone from where you were to where you are now. It's very obvious how dedicated you are and how hard you've worked. I find that kind of strength very becoming.
  • winonavampire
    Options
    Just want to say that you look great! I find it impressive that you've gone from where you were to where you are now. It's very obvious how dedicated you are and how hard you've worked. I find that kind of strength very becoming.

Well thank you! I feel like I have been dedicated, but I have also tried to maintain some realism. I didn't go into this with unrealistic goals or expectations. I have been working on this for about two years now. I have also changed my mindset. It really isn't easy to healthy and in shape. If it was, then everyone would be. However, just because it is hard work, doesn't mean you have to obsess over it and make it harder than it already is.

However, I will say, after being in a bulking state for a while... now that I am cutting, it is REALLY tough. I went from eating as much as I want (pretty clean yet) to a pretty restrictive calorie level and it is definitely taking time to readjust. Which is probably why I have been more active on MFP...

With that I opened up my food diary to anyone interested in checking it out. I fill it out every day. The only thing I don't do is water but due to the supplement I take, I'm sucking down gallons of water a day so I don't feel like I need to track that much as well.

I also hit weight training 5-6 days a week but don't track that on the log just because there isn't great weight training equivalents and I don't feel that offers anything to the food log.

Again, thank you everyone for your inputs. I'm a pretty modest person but it feels good to read all the praise. *shrugs*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!