Holidays!

Options
Melanie1967
Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
The holiday's are fastly approaching us. Seem's like Christmas wasn't that far back. I don't know about everyone else here, but any holiday, is my biggest failing time. I PLAN on making my normal recipes for thanksgiving and christmas this year, but substituting some of the original ingredients for some healthier one's. I will use light , fat free or 2% whenever possible. Then hopefully, I can use portion control to save my program from complete failure. I'm not going to beat myself up if I go over on those 2 days. Anyhow, I thought maybe it would be nice if we could share some recipes we use that are on the healthier side for the holiday's, or any other ideals they have on keeping us on the right track. Thanks!

Cheese Balls: 2 pkgs weight watchers cream cheese, 1 bunch of green onions diced, 1 pkg of dried beef light and garlic powder to taste. Mix all, form into a ball. Serve with Keebler Town House Flatbread Crisp!

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Holiday Potatoes
    A healthy version of the yummy cheesy potatoes that my daughter makes every year.

1-2 lb. bag TJ Farms frozen hash browns (the diced kind)
    12 oz bag Kraft fat free shredded cheddar cheese
    16 oz container Daisy light sour cream
    1 can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
    4 Tablespoons chopped onion
    4 tbsp Best Life Buttery Spread
    1 ½ cups Kellogg's corn flakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions in a skillet with non -stick spray until lightly browned. Place all ingredients, including sauteed onions except corn flakes and buttery spread in a large bowl; mix well. Place into a glass casserole dish. Melt buttery spread in a large skillet, add cornflakes and stir to coat. Spread the coated corn flakes evenly over the top of the casserole, bake for 1 hour. Delicious! Serves 12

Nutrition facts per serving:

Calories 184
    Carbs 20
    Fat 6
    Protein 12
    Calcium 28
    Sodium 414
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Kinda, sorta watch how much you drink during the holidays as well......Im not much of a drinker, but I do indulge, its the holidays

but I did kinda look how many calories are in alcohol, and figured I d drink some red wine.........I hope that is the sensible drink?

I get very tempted when I may have a glass of wine, but Ill do OK......Im under control on this journey, so red wine for me.........
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummmmy! Can't wait to try it!