Slow squat progress...

Options
ive been squatting for 4.5 months now

im 100lbs right now, and started squatting with light dumbbells. now i am squatting 125lbs, but it took me about 3 weeks to be able to squat 125lbs from 115lbs.

initially i was adding 5-10lbs every week but once i got to 115lbs, things kinda slowed down.

i used to do 4x12 with squats and it worked in terms of glute growth and strength, but people have suggested 4x8 which i have switched to.

i kinda got lazy and depressed last week so i skipped gym for 4 days, im back on track now but ive been noticing that i dont feel as motivated as id been a month or two ago :(

my main goal at the gym is to build a big booty... i typically stick to the same routine/exercises for leg day. should i be changing it up?

Replies

• Schmiznurf
    Options
    I don't know a thing about squatting or anything like that so I can't help in that regard.

What I can say though is that maybe you feel less motivated because you took some time off, the depression would exacerbate this. Anytime you take time of doing something you feel less motivated to return because you've seen what it's like without it and you got comfortable. Just picture what you want, or get a physical picture to look at everyday, and know that to achieve the booty you want you need to work for it. Nothing worth having comes easy, keep on working and you'll soon have the booty you love.