why are peopler so stupid

Options
Here we go again in the news. Somebody said they can of sugar and lost weight. It is the same like the new book is out called "I came off sugar". When you look at what they eat it is still full of sugar. Like the brown bread and fruit ect. Dont they understand that to do no sugar diet they need to eat 0 CARBS food as there is no sugar in that at all. As I said in the beginning are they just stupid.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I agree that peopler are stupid. Especially when claiming they come of sugar.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's called marketing 101
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That.. hurt to read. Wowza!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    humans are cleverer than baboons though.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking some fermented sugar tonight?
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's called marketing 101

Yeap .. Follow the money.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options

Not everyone's 1st language is English mate... A bit of tolerance goes a long way.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    humans are cleverer than baboons though.

Please cite sources.

Joking.

Mostly.
  • wheird
    Options

Not everyone's 1st language is English mate... A bit of tolerance goes a long way.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Guess I don't look Latino enough today. Hmm.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options

Bwhaaa . true .. but my intolerance is better than yours..... :tongue:

But taking the piss out of people because they don't speak the same language is pretty low aye?
  • wheird
    Options

But taking the piss out of people because they don't speak the same language is pretty low aye?

I'm pretty sure their first language is english, just with some typos that made me giggle.

Sin: The irony is that he posted about being tolerant when the OP was being intolerant. :P
  • Sinisterly
    Options

I'm pretty sure their first language is english, just with some typos that made me giggle.

Sin: The irony is that he posted about being tolerant when the OP was being intolerant. :P
    Yeah, well, you still deleted me and sassy's gone now, so :tongue: to you, too!
  • wheird
    Options

You are still a group deal! She's been back a few times!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Here we go again in the news. Somebody said they can of sugar and lost weight. It is the same like the new book is out called "I came off sugar". When you look at what they eat it is still full of sugar. Like the brown bread and fruit ect. Dont they understand that to do no sugar diet they need to eat 0 CARBS food as there is no sugar in that at all. As I said in the beginning are they just stupid.

I haven't seen that particular book, but I can tell you that many foods contain carbs, but not necessarily sugar. Fiber is also a carbohydrate. Foods like brown rice and beans have a lot of fiber.

I agree that it's nearly impossible to cut all sugars out of your diet, but I think that most people who state that they've cut out sugar are referring to refined sugar, like sweets or desserts. There's nothing wrong with those things in moderation. I personally have a sweet tooth, and I've found that buying no-sugar-added desserts in single-serving packages allows me to eat desserts every day without too much temptation. (Blue Bunny no-sugar-added ice cream bars FTW!! 100 calories of deliciousness!)
  • Sinisterly
    Options

You are still a group deal! She's been back a few times!
    When have you seen her stay :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    That's also true... There's lot's of intolerance (puts hands up: guilty as charged)..

Note to self : Try to play fair ........

Have a great weekend
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    I haven't seen that particular book, but I can tell you that many foods contain carbs, but not necessarily sugar. Fiber is also a carbohydrate. Foods like brown rice and beans have a lot of fiber.

I agree that it's nearly impossible to cut all sugars out of your diet, but I think that most people who state that they've cut out sugar are referring to refined sugar, like sweets or desserts. There's nothing wrong with those things in moderation. I personally have a sweet tooth, and I've found that buying no-sugar-added desserts in single-serving packages allows me to eat desserts every day without too much temptation. (Blue Bunny no-sugar-added ice cream bars FTW!! 100 calories of deliciousness!)

Agreed. Like many words in the english language, "sugar" has multiple meanings. When someone talks about sugar you have to rely on context to know whether they mean refined sweeteners vs any chemical made up of polysaccharides. The first is casual common usage, the second is very uncommon except as science jargon. Just like when someone talks about animals you know they mean "not people" even though scientifically humans are a kind of animal. Equivocation: it's not nice.
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options
    Wow I thought you were asking why a guy named Peter was so stupid to think he comes sugar...
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Wow I thought you were asking why a guy named Peter was so stupid to think he comes sugar...
    That's disturbing o.o