NSV-running :)

Options
Play_outside
Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
Hi All!
I am pretty stoked to share that last night I ran my longest run of my adult life-15km! I used to run a lot as a teenager, and in my adult life I have been pretty off and on about it, sadly mostly "off". Every time I get up to running regularly I stop for whatever reason-not making time, not being motivated, being injured. This time when I started running again I decided to start running races and train for a half marathon so I stay into it! The fact that I can run at all is pretty amazing to me since in 2012 I had a really severe (non running related) knee injury that had me on crutches for a few months, and then in 2013 I sprained/broke my ankle and was again on crutches. I am pretty slow-it took me 1hr50min to run that 15km, but I kept a steady pace and felt strong and healthy :) I started with the Couch to 5k (modified, I decreased the walking times), then did a bit of Bridge to 10k again with decreased walking times and then felt like I was ready to just take it as it comes with my runs and listen to my body. :)

Replies

• fattyhamsta123
    fattyhamsta123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did C25K too, it's great isn't it :D WELL DONE 15K that is amazing, especially after your injuries. Keep it up! :)
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job and Keep it up!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah the C25K is a great way to get started or to get back into running and give good guidelines to prevent getting hurt (again!) :)
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!