Fast Food Chicken!

Options
13»

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Hoax or not, the article traumatized me for life. :laugh:

And I don't have any articles or research that states chic fil'a is better. When looking at their meat, it actually looks real. McDonald's nuggets looks like a bunch of processed crap. So yeah, i'd choose chic fil'a over McD's any day.

With that being said, I don't remember the last time we have eaten at McD's/Chic fil'a or whatever. We usually go to Subway and get a veggie delite if we are going to eat out.

Now who is going to reply and tell me Subway isn't any better? :bigsmile:
    Broccoli has feelings...i heard so!

https://snopes.com/broccoli-feeling-false/124263

:bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hoax or not, the article traumatized me for life. :laugh:

And I don't have any articles or research that states chic fil'a is better. When looking at their meat, it actually looks real. McDonald's nuggets looks like a bunch of processed crap. So yeah, i'd choose chic fil'a over McD's any day.

With that being said, I don't remember the last time we have eaten at McD's/Chic fil'a or whatever. We usually go to Subway and get a veggie delite if we are going to eat out.

Now who is going to reply and tell me Subway isn't any better? :bigsmile:
    Broccoli has feelings...i heard so!

https://snopes.com/broccoli-feeling-false/124263

:bigsmile:
    Boo! You are off my xmas card list.
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it matters to me what chicken nuggets are made out of. In the end, all of these restaurants are sticking the either good or bad chicken into a hot oil fryer and the chicken is absorbing the Grease. As a result, even if the chicken had been incredibly nutritious before being cooked, its crap now..

If I eat chicken out I'll generally go to a restaurant where they cook their chicken in a rotisserie..... Once the skin is peeled off its remarkably low in calories and yet still good for nutrition.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am sure cucumbers have feelings too, lol.

:laugh: I actually did come across an article that said broccoli has a primitive nervous system and can feel pain
    Can you find that article? I'd LOVE to pass that along to my vegan friends.

hahaha, you're funny! I admit I wanted to as well since I am a meat-eater living in a predominantly vegetarian city! :laugh:

unfortunately it was probably another "hoax" type article - but still entertaining
    My protein deficient vegan friends don't need to know that. :laugh:

Exactly! :laugh:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My take on this picture is that people already know fast food isn't good for you, so they're willing to believe almost anything bad you say about them. We really don't know what that is a picture of at all. And anyway, raw chicken that had been all ground up would probably be a little pink from all the blood...just saying.

As far as chickfila goes, I will say that they have been using peanut oil to fry their food in for a long time, which means there are no trans fats. They do use whole chicken breast meat for their chicken. They do care about quality there. Truett Cathy, who started Chick-fil-A is a very nice honest Christian guy. I wouldn't say that eating lots of Chickfila food is healthy, but on the spectrum of fast food items you can order, eating a Chick-fil-A chicken breast wouldn't be the worst thing you could get.

Also, they have a very good grilled chicken breast sandwich that comes on a whole wheat bun, and they have a fresh fruit bowl you can get as a side in addition to the salads they have. They also have chicken wraps you can get, but honestly it's hard for me to eat those without lots of sauce, and we all know what sauce does to your calorie count.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    it makes me want to get a giant toothbrush
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Did anyone watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? There was an episode when he brought some of the kids from school to show them how chicken nuggets were made, It looked just like this stuff in the picture. It was pretty nasty he showed how they take the refuse of the chicken once they have gotten all the good meat off of it, and then process all of it together to make the lovely stuff like up in this picture throw some bread crumbs on it fry and whala chicken nuggets. The sad part was even after the kids saw exactly what was in it and how it was made and cooked they still wanted to eat them! :sick:
    What have we taught our children *smh*:cry::indifferent: :frown:
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like your outlook"dieting makes one wnt to lose thier minds.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My stepfather works for mcdonalds and just to let all of you out there that think this is a hoax it is NOT!!!!!!!! He said this is exactly what it looks like!!!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been traumatized by this. I was at the grocery store and I was getting some kielbasa to mix with red beans and rice, figured turkey would lower cal, but I saw "mechanically separated turkey" on the ingrediants and I bought beef. Apparently, they can't legally do this to meat because of mad cow. It's probably jusst as bad, but this picture haunts me!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Hahahah I LOVE that we go to an ONLINE guide (snopes) to discount ONLINE hoaxes...hahahahah we are mad sometimes!!! Big brother is turning those wheels... :devil: :huh: :laugh:
  • swiviol
    swiviol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. The picture is now floating around on Facebook again (2 1/2 years later ... wow) and I was going to stop eating chicken nuggets at McDonald's ... I don't eat there / eat nuggets that often anyways, but the pic grossed me out. And unfortunately we don't have many Chik fil A's in this area :( I think there's like ONE on Oakland University's campus and that's it. (metro Detroit area)
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't eat nuggets, the only fast food chicken (fried) that I have is the real stuff from my dad's takeaway :P Definitely real chicken pieces!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    check out this website...they are very good at getting to the truth of hoaxes, myths and legends....i always check this site before i forward on all those missing people, beware emails i get....

http://snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
    Smart. The internet is the fastest way to spread rumors, and people wanting to be helpful and inform others don't check the facts. There is the story of the two striped telanomia spider that supposedly lurks underneath toilet seats. It was started by someone using false details that would easily have been checked and proven as false. That story has been circulating since 1999. I don't eat chicken nuggets for other reasons (fat and calorie content), and I am sure people who pass the mechanical separated chicken story on do so with only the hope to inform and help. Still it is important to pass on correct information.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this is exactly why I do not allow my daughter to eat anywhere but chic fil'a.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

http://clatl.com/omnivore/archives/2010/10/04/please-ronald-mcdonald-say-it-isnt-so

1286168065-processed_chicken.jpg

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made from—things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

High five, America!

No, that is not what all fast food chicken is made of. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between mechanically separated chicken and an actual chicken breast. The only "mushed together" chicken that I can stand to eat are Wendy's chicken nuggets.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am sure cucumbers have feelings too, lol.

:laugh: I actually did come across an article that said broccoli has a primitive nervous system and can feel pain
    Can you find that article? I'd LOVE to pass that along to my vegan friends.

hahaha, you're funny! I admit I wanted to as well since I am a meat-eater living in a predominantly vegetarian city! :laugh:

First I have to say that I have never heard of the brocoli feeling pain because it had a primitive nervous system, but just googled it. I guess there is a book called the Secret Life of Plants and someone wrote this article.
    http://www.vegetus.org/essay/plants.htm
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat that pink slime straight than eat at Chic-Fila

Also, I love KFC. I know it's disgusting. I never eat it and think "This is doing my body good!". I only think "I would buy balls of just this fried chicken skin if they were available to me"
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat that pink slime straight than eat at Chic-Fila

So much this.