Vegetables

Options
I hate vegetables, but I want to love them. I eat corn and carrots and lettuce anything else I do not eat. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can ease in to vegetable loving or the best tasting kinds?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,974 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a solution to that except keep trying different ones with different cooking methods....roasted and bbq'd always make foods taste different and in a good way, maybe try that
  • Courtnee80
    Courtnee80 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My son hates all vegetables if they are on their on but I can add any veggie to pizza, sauce, veggie burger or muffin and he eats it no problem.
  • berger_amanda
    berger_amanda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try them different ways, e.g. cooked carrots versus raw carrots. Try them with toppings or dips: cooked carrots in a little butter, cheese on cooked broccoli, hummus with raw bell peppers, ranch dressing, salsa, etc.

My husband is very picky about veggies, but I can "hide" them in casseroles. He does like green beans and asparagus---have you tried those?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You eat corn, carrots and lettuce already - that's great! Other "beginners'" vegetables are: Cucumber, cauliflower, snap peas, red peppers. Just cut them into sticks and eat them raw! Peas and green beans are lovely barely steamed. Then buy a blender and make vegetable soup - if you stir fry onions and other vegetables and add stock/salt/spices/water and cook until tender, mash it up, and add cream if you like that, both taste and texture will be delicious.