Smoothie Recipes

Options
If you have a great Smoothie Recipe that you would like to share please post it here. I want some with either Almond Milk and 1% Milk as well.

Thanks a bunch!!

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I actually made a smoothie this morning that was, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blackberries, 3 oz low fat vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup Almond milk. :)
  • becomingsara
    Options
    1 C Almond milk (vanilla blue diamond or pacific)
    2 TBS peanut butter (or chocolate powdered pb which is what I use, same amt)
    2 t cocoa powder (unless you use the choco pb pwder)
    1 frozen banana

Blend it up and suck ;) (it is about 250 cals[thanks to the powdered pb being only 45 cals] and good amt of protein).
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I actually made a smoothie this morning that was, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blackberries, 3 oz low fat vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup Almond milk. :)

I make mine pretty much the same way except I freeze the banana & add a splash of orange and/or grape juice & splash of milk. I don't use the almond milk, but I will have to try that, it sounds good!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    My families favorite is when I open a can of pineapple (in it's own juice), add 1 cup of plain yogurt, add 1 cup of a vegetable/fruit blend like v-8 fusion, any fresh fruit that is starting to turn, acidophiles, and some ice. Makes a blender full at four very large servings.

If the kids are sick I add Vitamin C powder to the mix.
    D
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I like to use a scoop of (BSN, my fave) Vanilla protien, milk (i prefer 2%, but use what you like), pineapple, banana, and coconut flavoring. I used to get these at a sports nutrition store in my home town. I have to make it myself now.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I make smoothies at least once a week and usually just throw in whatever fruit is handy. I prefer starting with frozen fruit so I'm constantly putting fruit in the freezer if its not getting eaten fast enough. When I buy fresh spinach I always freeze some b/c you can add it to a smoothie and not even taste it (my two young kids will drink smoothies like they're the best thing ever even when there is quite a bit of spinach in them).

My favorite things to put in smoothies are:

bananas
    strawberries
    blueberries
    peaches
    spinach

In addition to the fruit, I like to add yogurt (made w/ soy or coconut milk because I'm trying to avoid dairy but regular yogurt is great too). For a little added sweetness, honey is good.

For liquids, I used juice (I like the V8 splash juice with fruit and vegetable juice in it), almond milk, or a combination of the two and I just add it until the consistency looks good. You really can't go wrong. I think the key is using frozen fruit. If your blender is not great (like mine) you can microwave the frozen fruit for a minute or so to soften it a little but you want it to still be pretty frozen.

Enjoy!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE almond milk!

Favorites: banana, strawberry, almond milk (if I want to treat myself, I add a little hershey's chocolate syrup)
    banana, peanut butter, almond milk

I am going to pick up some almond butter this weekend and try that, since it's healthier than peanut butter.
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't hesitate to experiment with SS FF instant pudding @ 25 calories a T. spoon. Makes for a creamy dreamy smoothy. Even the white chocolate is pretty good. My favorite is chocolate.:smile:
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I made smoothies years ago, but i stopped because i found if i had one for breakfast, i was hungry again an hour later. I would just spin up a banana with some strawberries and some juice. I could never afford the protein powders, it was before i ate yogurt, and i do not like milk.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use yogurt, frozen fruit, milk and then add about 1 tbs. of flaxseed meal. The meal adds fiber and Omega-3. (Also add the meal to any quick breads or cookies. (Only healthy cookies, of course!)
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    Here are a few I like:
    1 container of Coconut Yogurt or Pina Colada Yogurt
    1 yogurt container of skim milk
    1 vanilla protein powder packet
    1/2 yogurt container of pineapple juice
    a few ice cubes
    2-4 splenda packets (optional)

It reminds me of the frosting on a cake I used to make. Yummmmmm

1 cup skim milk
    1 cup cold coffee
    1 chocolate protein powder

This is my morning drink on the way to work. If I don't have protein powder
    I use sugar free hot chocolate powder.

1 container strawberry yogurt
    1 yogurt container of skim milk
    1 vanilla or strawberry protein powder

1 container orange yogurt
    1 yogurt container skim milk
    1 vanilla protein powder

Taste like creamsickle.

If you can't find orange yogurt, use plain yogurt and instead of skim milk, use orange juice.
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is the best "pumpkin pie" smoothie

1 Frozen Banana
    1 Cup Almond Milk
    1/4 or more to your taste of pumpkin
    1 Tablespoon FF SS Butterscotch pudding mix
    1t. or more to taste pumpkin pie spice

Whip it up and enjoy!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is the best "pumpkin pie" smoothie

1 Frozen Banana
    1 Cup Almond Milk
    1/4 or more to your taste of pumpkin
    1 Tablespoon FF SS Butterscotch pudding mix
    1t. or more to taste pumpkin pie spice

Whip it up and enjoy!

This has been my smoothie of choice lately. I haven't tried it with the banana or pudding mix, but I'm going to try the banana in the morning.