Plateau for 3 Months...

I am 5'8. I was 153 pounds, then I lost 12 pounds over 4 months and I was down to 141. then I gained some back over the course of 2 months and now I am 149. I have been trying to loose the weight I gained back for 3 months now and it only fluctuates between 147-150 pounds. I'm so frustrated, I was so close to my goal weight and I just ruined it. I have joined the school track team but I have been exercising after practice for about a half hour to get more of a workout in. Am I working out too much? I eat healthy most of the time but I probably splurge about once or twice a week. I also don't count calories. Should I start? I'm starting too loose a lot of motivation and need help :(

Replies

• FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Well start by

1) Counting your calories

2) Track how much exercise you really do.

3) Have a reasonable goal , a healthy weight.

After that you can think about other stuff like slowly changing the way you eat to include healthy foods.Goodluck I wish you the best!!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    You lost 12 lbs over 4 months.
    Then regained 8 lbs over 2 months.
    What changed? What did you do differently? Did you keep the same diet and exercise, but regain the lost weight?

You are not exercising too much - keep doing what you are doing.

Weighing your food and keeping track of calories on mfp can help show you where your problem is. Perhaps your splurges have more calories than you realize.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    I'm 5.9 and I when I weighed 150 I was pretty skinny... maybe your body is where i needs to be?
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    How old are you?
  • I'm an 18 year old girl
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Did you measure yourself? You may have lost inches but gained lbs.

Other than that I agree with FTF2014 above track your food and exercise.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Your BMI is normal. I would concentrate on losing fat rather than weight by:

1) Counting your calories and eating at a deficit. You can do TDEE - 10% or MFP calculation (with weight loss set at 0.5lb/week) + exercise calories

2) Lift weights

3) Throw away the scale and buy a measuring tape.