Juice Detox fast?

Options
Thinking of doing a 30 day juice fast and i was wondering has anyone else tried it? and what were your results?

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    jonstewartpopcorn.gif
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You could have probably saved yourself a lot of grief if you just used the search function :flowerforyou: There's no need to juice or fast, eat the fruits and vegetables then you don't lose the fibre.
    ETA You've posted this topic (or something very similar) before, what makes you think the replies will have changed?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Juice fasts are really not necessary, but if you do a juice fast, why not try a lesser amount of time? I am a fan of water fasting, and i have done juice fasts before, and from my experience, i really think that 30 days is a bit much.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    What toxins are you hoping are removed from your body that your liver and kidney's don't take care of already?

If you can't answer that, you shouldn't do a 'detox' anything.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    In for the sequel...

hmmm.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A 30 day juice fast? Wow. I would not suggest this. How are you planning on meeting your other macro and micro nutrient needs? (i.e. Protein, fat, and fiber?)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    You could have probably saved yourself a lot of grief if you just used the search function :flowerforyou: There's no need to juice or fast, eat the fruits and vegetables then you don't lose the fibre.
    ETA You've posted this topic (or something very similar) before, what makes you think the replies will have changed?

LmR9glU.jpg

Somebody let me know when it's kitty gif time on this thread. :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

LmR9glU.jpg

Somebody let me know when it's kitty gif time on this thread. :happy:

Missed seeing she's posted this before :laughing:

cute_kitty_by_vitruvian_girl-d4qp8uq.gif
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    IN for kitty gifs.

cat-yawn-gif.gif
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did a juice fast once for 10 days. The first 4 or 5 days was miserable. After that it wasn't so miserable, but I was constantly thinking about food. I didn't lose much weight, and the weight I did lose I gained right back when I went back to regular food. Mentally/emotionally I think it was good for me. It made me realize I didn't need as much food as I thought. I obviously got in a lot of fruits and vegetables. Mostly fruits because I wasn't so crazy about juicing vegetables. It was also nice to get a break from cooking.

I still take the occasional break from a meal, especially if I've been eating out in the last few days. i prefer smoothies to juices now. I consider it rehydrating. I will drink a TON of fruit/vegetable juice and water. I'm doing it tonight for my dinner. I've got a smoothie with about a cup of fresh mint, cup of watermelon, and one mandarin in a big pitcher of water. Maybe I'll have a bit of yogurt later. I also think its a good idea to give the stomach a break on occasion, but certainly not for any extended period of time longer than 1 meal in 4 or 5 days.

I actually don't think fasting is a bad thing from a mental, emotional or spiritual point of view. I think going into it as a quick fix for weight loss is going about it the wrong way and will set you up for disappointment.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    No, just no. And I agree, use the search function on this topic.