Evening Workout..Dinner...Calories

simply_healthy
simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hola People...

Evening Workouts are kinda driving me nuts!!! If I work out in evenings after my office hours... I start workouts around 6:30 and have a protein shake immediately after my work out - around 8:15ish... by the time I reach home and cook dinner... Its almost 9:30 - 10:00 pm.... At times, I just dont feel hungry..( I guess it coz of protein) but I still eat because I "have to" eat dinner and fill the calorie limit in my food diary...

Is it right ??? Is it worth ??? I feel that my body doesnt want food but I am just pushing in food because I want to reach a particular calorie limit... Also, is it good to eat dinner so late??? Should I skip dinner ??? What will you guys eat if you had a schedule like mine?

Please suggest me something that will be effective for achieving good fat loss.

PS: I am keen on weight loss.... weight loss and only weight loss :) I aint aiming for big muscles...

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Have you considered eating large breakfasts and lunches so you can just drink the protein shake at night after your work outs?
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    I'd try to get something in but maybe a snack rather than a big meal. it's important to get in as many of your calories as you can, but, at the same time, if you aren't hungry you shouldn't force a bunch of food. Is there any place you can fit in more calories earlier in the day so you don't have to force it that late in the day?
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Maybe bigger breakfast, or more snacks through the day so your meeting your cal needs without forcing.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    I would add in a snack earlier in the day to allow yourself a little bigger protein shake and just skip making something for dinner and using the shake for that meal.

I do low fat vanilla yogurt, applesauce, protein powder, frozen fruit of choice and a splash of water and make my shakes that way. With the powder I'm using it comes to about 220 calories. It makes a great meal replacement.
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    I do the same workout times as you - what I tend to do is cook dinner but then put it in a tupperware pot and take it to work the next day and eat it about 4-5pm (we have a microwave at work), after workout at about 9pm I'll have a smoothie or yoghurt or some sort of snack but as ive had all 3 meals before 5pm most calories are counted for :)

I did read somewhere that its better to eat a full meal after a workout not before, but then I read somewhere else not to eat 3 hours before bed so who knows!
This discussion has been closed.