New Vegan. Anyone out there like minded?

Options
On September 12th, 2010..I decided to change everything in my life that is causing me anxiety, stress, and guilt. The first change I made was switching to a Vegan diet. I no longer eat meat, dairy, eggs, honey, refined sugar, and trying to keep white flour and caffeine out also. I can't say it's been easy..but I'm making it, and it's been nearly a month. I've lost 11 pounds since that day. I feel like a totally different person. My energy level is way off the charts, and because of that, getting my daily exercise in is practically effortless. A lot of mornings I don't even turn the TV on. Instead, I find myself listening to music, and cleaning and/or dancing. Being a stay at home mom has made it very difficult to not binge and watch mindless television. Now, when two of my children head off to school, my 8 month old and I take the stroller to run errands, or just enjoy the autumn weather. I can't get enough fresh air! Buying a filtered water pitcher has been a god send also. I make sure I drink 2 pitchers of water a day, without spending so much money on bottled water every week. A lot of water is essential if we're going to kick the fat! Anyway, before I ramble on any further, I just want to say..I hope everyone out there is following their dreams, and going strong. I'm the only one who is going to get this weight off. It's worth it!

Replies

• Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new way of living. Keep up the good work:drinker:
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!
    The only difference is that i eat honey. :) Friend me?
  • kkochend
    Options
    Congrats! I made the plunge to Veganism as the last change of bad habits that need to be broken. I became vegan on 9/20/10 and am so excited to hit the 1 month mark. It's been one of the best and surprisingly easiest decisions I have ever made.

Did you go through mega detox? My hardest thing to give up was cheese, but honestly I haven't even missed it. But the cheese detox was the worst!
  • IAmDanMarshall
    IAmDanMarshall Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a healthy and compassionate change! I am kkochend's boyfriend, and we both have been rocking the vegan for about a month. I feel so much healthier and have so much more energy. I added you as a friend, feel free to check out my food diary if you need meal ideas. Also if you have any tips or hints feel free to share! :-P