What do you look forward to doing once you've lost the weigh

Options
I was looking at a magazine of really cute, short haircuts today, and it made me realize that I've had really, really long hair for a year now, because I've been unhappy with my weight. I like long hair, but the truth is, I've been wanting to try a really short cut for a long time now, but I've always felt like if I'm not skinny, it won't look good. I've been using my hair as something to hide behind. I feel safer that way. So it got me wondering...what are you NOT doing because of the extra weight that you can't wait to do once it's behind you?

Replies

• Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do not like to wear dresses with thin straps because of my fat arms, but I do wear them although I do not feel good. I want to feel good when I wear a dress.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Running with just a sports bra and not dying of heat under my t-shirt, short shorts, getting to wear cute shirts without feeling self conscious
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That could be a very long list for some of us!!

One thing I'm not doing that is driving my daughter crazy and that I totally look forward to putting past me is this:

When we go on our bike rides, I have to ride only the back roads!! I'm too embarrassed to wait at the stop lights... Isn't that sad?? My daughter today begged me to ride up to the store or "anywhere but more neighborhoods". I'm like - well we can get to Freddies by taking back roads so that shall be our destination today!

SO I totally look forward to being able to bike wherever I would like to bike and not be relegated to back roads!
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    Running with just a sports bra, short shorts, getting to wear cute shirts without feeling self conscious

This is one of Mine too!!

also, auditioning for acting roles.. I usually only went to ones I didnt really want and didnt show up to ones I did really want because I thought they would think I was fat!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Crossing my legs!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things, but the 3 that top the list:
    1. wearing dresses (or, any clothing) without feeling disgusted.
    2. going on a cruise...always been too self-conscious to do that.
    3. going to an amusement park where I won't worry if the safety bar can latch.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Having my picture taken and to be CONFIDENT about it! For the last year or so, I avoid cameras completely. I hate seeing what I look like right now. :(

Something that I've always wanted to learn to do but am held back by my weight is.............rowing in a scull boat!!! That will be one of my rewards when I get to my goal weight. :) Can't wait!
  • kmcclain77
    Options
    I'm looking forward to shopping for clothes in a smaller size - but overall just enjoying clothes shopping! Right now I get so frustrated and defeated going shopping for clothes and get depressed trying on clothes that fit uncomfortably
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Didn't go swimming (more than 1 time) or wear any of my (20) bikini's over the summer. I bought a 1 piece.
    Not dancing, don't feel like i look good anymore
    Haven't had pics taken of more than shoulders up.

I'm looking forward to my clothes fitting better and feeling comfortable in my skin. I like to show off my tattoos, and my rib piece is amazing (it has meaning to me too, from bad to good situation.. pic on my profile) but I don't want to show my body the way it is now.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    geez there are so many good ideas...i like "crossing legs", "shopping in smaller size stores", I would really like to be able to wear something and not have the need to "suck it in" or wear a gurdle to smooth out my rolls...wouldn't that be nice? to wear a maxi dress that's all light and flowing...and not have to wear two pounds of underwear underneath? or how about not feeling my belly on the steering wheel, that would be cool...I also hate looking at pictures of myself, I'm so damn ROUND! But i'm feeling great, postive, confident and strong so let the journey to a flat tummy begin!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why my comments keep getting posted twice:grumble:
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Shopping and wearing clothes I like...not ones I just fit in. I think there are a lot of things...going on a true vacation somewhere and not being afraid to be seen in a bathing suit...wearing tank tops and shorts! In highschool I thought I was huge (I really wasn't at all) and so I wouldn't wear tank tops or shorts, and really still don't.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Running with just a sports bra, short shorts, getting to wear cute shirts without feeling self conscious

also, auditioning for acting roles.. I usually only went to ones I didnt really want and didnt show up to ones I did really want because I thought they would think I was fat!

I know what you mean. My boyfriend is a musician and has me singing on his latest CD. That's fine, because no one could see me singing. But he's asked me to perform at gigs with him, and I feel uncomfortable, like people will think, "I don't want to watch this chubby girl sing!". I know I shouldn't care so much about what other people think, but there it is. And yes, I know that it's a long list for all of us (me included), but I was just wondering what's one that's on your mind today or what's your biggest one?
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to wear sleevless dresses and tops and not have jiggly arms. I am looking forward to going to the beach and not feeling like I shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit. I am looking forward to being fit enough to run the full distance of the boardwalk and back (5.5 miles) I am looking foward to not being the fat sister.
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Oh Oh Oh...and I forgot...I told my husband when I get to the right size u better believe I'm gonna buy my first freakum dress! LOL. I wanna look HOT!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i want:

to look good in a bathing suit, even if it is a tankini or 1 piece (stretch marks :ohwell: )

to feel good in the clothes i wear (no lumps or bulges)

to go to the lake and wear my bathing suit all day without shorts!

to run outside! right now i won't even run outside because i'm too embarrassed :(

to go out more with my friends.

to buy clothes that are in style, but right now i would never touch

to go visit my inlaws and go to the beach!

and that's all i can think of right now!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    geez there are so many good ideas...i like "crossing legs", "shopping in smaller size stores", I would really like to be able to wear something and not have the need to "suck it in" or wear a gurdle to smooth out my rolls...wouldn't that be nice? to wear a maxi dress that's all light and flowing...and not have to wear two pounds of underwear underneath? or how about not feeling my belly on the steering wheel, that would be cool...I also hate looking at pictures of myself, I'm so damn ROUND! But i'm feeling great, postive, confident and strong so let the journey to a flat tummy begin!

Yep! I always buy clothes that are bigger than they need to be just because if I get my size, it clings to my tummy rolls, and I refuse for them to be seen! I want to never feel the need to wear shapewear again!!! And I hate pictures of myself...for a while now, I've been pretty strict about head shots only, and even those are oftentimes depressing. One thing I just thought of was I can't wait until when my boyfriend touches my stomach, I don't immediately move his hand away and feel like I have to suck in all the damn time!!!
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options

I know what you mean. My boyfriend is a musician and has me singing on his latest CD. That's fine, because no one could see me singing. But he's asked me to perform at gigs with him, and I feel uncomfortable, like people will think, "I don't want to watch this chubby girl sing!". I know I shouldn't care so much about what other people think, but there it is. And yes, I know that it's a long list for all of us (me included), but I was just wondering what's one that's on your mind today or what's your biggest one?

exactly!! Whether or not that would be their thoughts, it always felt like it would be.. haha
  • megank3380
    Options
    We are going on a cruise in March, and I want to be able to do the zip line, or a sea kayak trip. I couldn't do either last year on a different trip cause I exceeded the weight limit.
    Can't wait!!!
    A smaller goal is to be able to play with my niece and nephew at the park-- go down the slide and sit comfortably in the swings.
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    Getting a boyfriend! :)