When did you first see a difference

Options
I have a long way to go yet but have so far lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. I haven't noticed any difference yet. The tape measure used to vary greatly anyway so I can't go by that. I'm just wondering when anyone else that was 75lbs + over, first noticed, how many pounds made a noticeable difference by sight or clothing?

Really am hoping to see some difference soon, or i'll start thinking the scales are telling me lies lol

Replies

• BMW6Series
    Options
    I am wondering as well. LOL! I will be following your thread for answers.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My goal is 62 lbs and I first noticed the difference at about 19 lbs. I remember my sister and I were in my car and I looked down and said - Wow - my tummy is farther from the steering wheel! She agreed and we had a laugh!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    yeah I agree.... 20lbs
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Well, I've lost 17 pounds now and it's been a little over a month. Last Sunday at church my MIL asked me if I was losing weight because I look a lot thinner :) That's the first anyone (besides my husband and a couple of ppl that are MFP friends that already know) has said anything about my weight. And then my uncle asked me on Monday :) So I guess it's finally starting to show on me.. Yay!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I first really noticed at around 20 pounds. I was still fat but my clothes fit so much better. It really made a big difference to me. Other people didn't really notice until I lost 30 pounds! Now I've lost 40 and most people notice.

The biggest difference for me was at the halfway mark. I could start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I really started to notice the difference at 20lbs also.
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It all just depends on how much you really need to lose. I have lost 12 lbs, and i noticed a difference at like 8 pounds. I don't really need to lose much. But I am shooting for 20 lbs.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    For me it was when I had lost 17 pounds and then when I had lost 25 lbs. started having tons of remarks from others.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I lost 25 is when I really noticed. I actually fit into the new work uniforms we got at my job that were much more fitted than they previously were. I finally realized that my body was actually changing.
  • lindakp83
    Options
    My uniform pants were a little loose this week.
  • alan79
    alan79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would agree around the 20 pound mark. I was in New York and the hotel had a full length mirror (I dont have one at home) and a realised my trousers were hanging off me, so went out and bought a belt. :D

Felt really good . Currently lost 77 pounds since starting and nothing fits. I used to be a skater in the 90's so always liked baggy clothes anyway ;D
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose so I noticed it at about 10 pounds, when I decided to try different sized jeans. Now those jeans are already starting to feel big on me.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the consensus of right around 20 lbs or so. I lost around 30 before joining MFP and I started to notice a real difference around 20. I'm at the point now that every 5 pounds or so really show....
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I'll be looking forward to the 20lb loss then. Hopefully it shifts from my middle, that's the area that really bugs me.