10 reasons you're not getting slim at the gym

Options
rieann84
rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
From good housekeeping article:

"You use the wrong weights

Despite all the back-and-forth discussions on heavy versus light weights, keep the weights on the lighter side if you want to trim down, says Kirsch. “Women often use weights that are too heavy. I like to stay in the 3 to 15-pound range. If you're more fitness-experienced, use weights in the 8 to 10-pound range. If you're a beginner, start in the 3-pound range.” "

I know girls with purses that weigh well over 15 lbs. It should be illegal for publications to spout crap that isn't true when it comes to health.

Link to article: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/gym-weight-loss-carbs#slide-3

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Wat? No. I like them heavy, even though I have noodles for arms.
  • EatAllTheCake
    EatAllTheCake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The women on here who have bodies that I admire claim to lift heavy. I'll follow their advice instead.:flowerforyou:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading at good housekeeping
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That article is very contradictory. It says the part about light weights, but then it has a slide about working to muscle fatigue? how are you going to get to fatigue with 3 lb weights? :huh:
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My cat weighs more than 10lbs. Should I stop lifting him or just out him on an extreme diet?