Is there any problems with Caffeine Free Coffee?

BMW6Series
BMW6Series Posts: 124
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Other than that fact that it doesn't have Caffeine.

I used to really love caffeine, but I am supposed to quit caffeine for medical reasons.

Is there other health issues that can be a problems with decaf coffee?

BMW6Series

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Coffee stains your teeth, lol.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I've pretty much quit caffeine coffee this year, have limited it for years prior and the only problem i've noticed is tiredness. I had no idea how much i relied on caffeine for my energy. I will only have a caffeine coffee now when I really need to stay awake and alert but I then pay for it with major palpitations for the rest of the day.

No health problems linked to caffeine free as far as i'm aware although i'm sure there is a report somewhere on the dangers of it and anything else you can put into your mouth...there always is
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    I wil warn you - if you are not supposed to have Caffeine for medical reasons - Do Not have Caffeine free coffee - there is no such thing. It still has Caffeine 2-3%. My husband is a severe migraine sufferer and he became allergic to Caffeine after having 4 pots of coffee a day and (2) 2 liter bottles of coke - he can not have any Caffeine now - no chocolate, no coffee, no pop and he has to watch medications now.

They are putting Caffeine in makeup, body lotions, lipstick, perscription meds - so please read carefully and make sure all your medical records and your pharmacy know you can not have Caffeine. If you go out to eat, some restaurants have the drink fountains that have both pop and water coming out of the same line - please make sure you or they clear the line first If you are getting water.

Just some helpful tips from our years of experience.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    There are different methods to decaffeinate coffee. My brother used to roast coffee beans and he would only get beans that had been decaffeinated a certain way, because there were health hazards associated with the other method (I think). :ohwell: I am not sure exactly what the differences were, but you can probably google it to find out more about the decaffeinating process.

Here, found an answer myself.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-is-coffee-decaffeinated.htm
This discussion has been closed.