Getting Started.......Again

Options
TrishJimenez
TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
Technically I am not new. I was here on MFP back in 2011 and was very successful :) Lost about 20lbs I think. Then life happened and it slowly cheeped back on with an extra 5 lbs. Got a job doing customer service for 24HR fitness and it came with a free gym membership. It was awesome! I lost 12 lbs and looked and felt great and was on the road to loose more when I got rear ended on the freeway. This was last April. In September I tried to get back on track again but then my mom passed away a month later. I am finally starting to feel myself again.
Now I have dealt with chronic pain in my back for pretty much my entire adult life. But I can usually get a handle on it enough to exercise. This time since the accident I will think it is getting better and will become more active again and throws me back down again. I am now 15lbs heavier then I was when I started in July 2011. I have a long road to go.
My job as a supervisor now for Sony PlayStation tech support has me very active. With long hours. I am renewing my bodymedia subscription and ordered a new arm band so I can know how many calories I am burning. Going thru my recipes and meal plans from the past on here and looking up old friends. I no longer have the free gym membership but am thinking for my back to try the hot yoga gym not to far from here. Anyone with bad back issues done hot yoga? (lumbar degenerated with bone spurs and narrowing of the spinal canal as well as unstable SI Joint)
My kids just left for their dads for spring break and thinking I am going to take this time to create some meal plans and get organized as well as do some specified grocery shopping. Am thinking making up a few meals ahead of time so I can just crab and go in the morning.
I want to be here to support anyone who needs it as well as am looking for support. Thanks

Replies

• deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I can relate as I too regained about 30 lbs after losing my dad to cancer 5 yrs ago. Really set me back and took along time for me to even admit that I was putting the lbs. back on. You are doing the right thing and as in the past the MFP friends will help you through it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. All the best and many successes!
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome back. We all know about "LIFE happening. During my mom's prolonged decline and passing, I put on 23 pounds. I have dedicated this year to me...journey back to health and joy and fitness. This is your time too.
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome back. We all know about "LIFE happening. During my mom's prolonged decline and passing, I put on 23 pounds. I have dedicated this year to me...journey back to health and joy and fitness. This is your time too.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Trish, I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. It's so hard, isn't it? I also suffered losses last year (7 relatives in 7 months, including my sil, godmother, dad, and mom in a 3 week period). Coming up on the one year anniversary of the first four deaths soon. Like you and others, I put on the pounds and am finally at a place where I can start. Again. (apparently I joined MFP a few years ago ... don't really remember doing that.)

deetee -- I am sorry about your dad, that had to have been so difficult for you to see him suffer from cancer. How are you doing now?

1948Sixty -- another who lost a parent ... I am so sorry. You sound like me, taking 2014 back. Literally feel like I lost an entire year last year and am trying to get back to 'me' too.

Please feel free to add me as a friend everyone. I can use them!
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I too have dealt with grief and weight regain. Just a few days ago my uncle (mom's side) lost his wife to pancreatic cancer/lung cancer, and a cousin (mom's niece) lost her husband due to a heart attack. Just stood up and died. I, on top of things, just haven't been able to do anything because of an underactive thyroid. I had lost 25 pounds and then all of a sudden my get-up-and-go got up and went. I have my days when I've got tons of energy, and others where I just can't get myself together. No more, with or without a pill for it. I don't care if I've got to force myself to do it, I'm getting back in the groove!!!
  • katlaf23
    katlaf23 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi! I lost a bunch a weight due to medication and have now switched to medication that is making me gain weight. So I can definitely understand the up and down weight struggle. I also have a bad back and bad knees. So I can definitely relate. Feel free to add me, as I always welcome supportive friends and like to give support as well.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your reply's you have all touched my heart, truly. I am sorry to hear about your loss's also. But I am glad to have some company :) Thank you. I am going to try to drag myself out of the house here on my days off the next two days and plan some meals and do some grocery shopping. Had chicken fingers off the food truck at work today for lunch. And left over pizza for breakfast. Obviously I have some changes to make to my eating habits ;)
  • heatherholmes25
    Options
    I am 27, will be 28 in june. I weigh 278.8 lbs, goal weight is 155. I am 5'2. Mother to 3 kids, ages 7, 4 and 8 weeks. I am in nursing school, will complete in august. Just starting today and needing friends to hold me accountable and keep me motivated.