Chest Cold

Options
Not impressed with myself over the last couple weeks. I developed a chest cold about 2 weeks back, there was no way that I could work out. I coughed constantly for three days, and then it tapered off a bit, but any exertion brought the coughing fits back again. I did see my doctor, and she said that if there was no fever just to power through it, but to stay away from working out. I did so for another week. My congestion has since subsided, and I went back to playing soccer, but I can't seem to get myself working out. Just not motivated. I also found that I went over my calorie goal a few times while I had my cold. I think partially because I was not working it off, and partially because I was trying to make myself feel better since I was laid up on the couch for a few days. Anyway, not to turn this into a confessional. It is just driving me nuts that I can't get off my *kitten* and get back into my daily routine. Grrr! Anyone else getting their routine knocked out with lousy spring colds? Did you get right back into the same workouts even after you had recovered? BTW, chest colds just SUCK! Just sayin'.

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Some recover faster then others. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I think we have all been in your position. Don't know what you weight goals are, but maybe sit back, re-evaluate what needs to be done and go from there. Sometimes a different approach will work over what you have been doing.
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you, much appreciated. I am going away soon on vacay, so maybe that is the time to re-evaluate. I think I just need a new program to motivate me. I am getting bored of P90 right now. Chest cold seems to be subsiding, only two coughing fits during soccer yesterday. LOL :-) I appreciate the feedback.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Take a breather. Just do what you can, if you can't workout don't worry about it. Try something else after vacation. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou: