Not done, but still a success story. (Comparison pics)

Options
CBell223
CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
I've been at this for 14 months now. As of this week, I've lost 100 lbs. I still have about 120 lbs. to go, but still,,,,100 lbs.

Compare01small_zps7a607af5.jpg

From the beginning, the only thing more important to me than losing weight, was never putting it back on. So, I've been very gentle with myself. Moderation and patience have been key. No starving. No extreme exercise. I'm eating 2100-2300 calories per day. 35-40% protein/35% carbs/25-30% fat. I do aqua aerobics (like a maniac, because I love it) 3x/week. I hike 1-2x per week and I walk 1-3x per week. If I'm too tired, I take a few days off the exercise. As for the food, I've been very consistent.
(I'm 51 years old....high weight 384 lbs.....started MFP at 375 lbs....goal weight 164 lbs.)

I was going to wait until I'd lost all 220 lbs. before I posted anything, but I took that picture last night and the comparison has inspired me, so I thought it might inspire someone else. Besides, this is about the journey as much as it is the destination.)

Replies

• mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Very inspiring and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • gettinmeback143
    gettinmeback143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great work! You're doing so well!! :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Job well done.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Badass! You look so much younger, too!! :)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! Your face looks so much brighter! <3
  • chickauthentic
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far, what a difference between the pics.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The difference in 100 pounds for you is looking about 10 years younger. It's wonderful that you've taken charge of your life and made your health a priority. At 63, I can tell you that your reward is a much better quality of life ahead for you. Plus, your dog is gorgeous and I bet he loves walking with you.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep plugging away. You're getting there!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You have lost 100 lbs. and 10 years! You look great - yes, it is a journey. Thanks for sharing yours!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! I love that you are sharing midway and are still motivated to continue the journey. You inspire me!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:drinker: Keep pushing!
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. You've done so well. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! You are making it a life style change. I love that! You are running the marathon girl not the sprint! Keep up the great work!!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, WOW 100lbs thats fab-u-loss!! You look younger and i cannot congratulate you enough! Cheers!:drinker:
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss!!! Good luck on your continuing journey.:drinker:
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    You are amazing and inspiring :)
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so proud of you! I agree, you look younger-BONUS!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so inspired by your success and I know you're going to continue to do great things :)
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    So fabulous!! Congrats!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!