Belly Pooch Tips?

Options
I work out 6 days a week, eat extremely healthy, I weigh 125lbs which is great and now I'm just trying to tone my body up. Unfortunately there is obvious progress everywhere but my lower abs! My upper abs are coming along great, but the belly pooch is very discouraging! I feel like no matter how much I concentrate on lower abs, it just doesn't seem to help.

If anyone has tips, please share! Whether it be foods, supplements, specific exercises, any advice is appreciated right now!

Replies

• neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Strength training will help to tone things up. something along the lines of stronglifts 5x5 or doing some of funk roberts metabolic workouts. he does a lot of things like burpees which are great all around body excercise.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    For a lot of women, that is the first place we gain weight and the last place we lose it. Just keep up the great work and you will get there. I wish there was a nonsurgical way to spot reduce but that's not how it works.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce, that means no specific diet, supplement, or exercise will target a single area on your body. :frown:

However, you can continue eating at a deficit and incorporate some strength training into your weekly routines for some pretty amazing physiological benefits!
  • queenofheartz44
    queenofheartz44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same trouble. I'm currently working on getting back to my workout routine. I have a bad habit of working out really then stopping. Interested to see where this thread goes.