Im off to see the Doctor... the wondering Doc of Oz

megsta21
megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
If you have read my blogs before in the past then you should know that I have been doing this since Mid-July 2010.... with no real weight lost... my body has changed yes... but no Kilos's have been misplaced... soon to be forgotten... =*(

But I am jealous of everyone else out there who is dropping 1-2 pounds each week... I have decreased my calorie intake and i have Increased my calorie intake... I stopped eating bananas and yogurt.... I increased exercise.... Still nada... nothing zip and zilch!!!

I am going to go and see my doctor today at lunch time... I have previously asked if I have PCOS, and the answer was "no your hormone levels are 'normal'".... I have had a blood test and it was 'normal' too....

So what do i ask for today?? Diabetes?? (i almost cried writing that, imagine if he says i have it!?!?)

Or do i just explain my dilemma??

Any advice welcome....

Replies

• AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    I totally understand what your going through...I have hit this plateau that I have been stuck on for like 6 months andno atter what I do I can't lose anything....I too have had every test imaginable..Including diabetes...and nothing...on top of that instead of the increased energy everyone else seems to feel from there weight loss I have been getting more and more tired by the day and my Dr cant tell me why...so...in short...dont stress...its possible to have this issue with nothing medicaly wrong but still good to be tested to be sure...im sure your perfectly healthy, but you just havent found the right sequence to get your body to respond...same as me...something will click eventually...just dont give up!!!
  • you said you are noticing changes in your body? are they changes for the good? if so don't worry about what the scale says.
    you have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. you may be losing the fat and replacing it with lean healthy muscle.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    I think the best approach would be to just explain your situation and tell him your concerns. Your doctor is better placed than we are to make suggestions/diagnosis. I assume this is a doctor you have a history with so he can already take into account previous medical issues. Some pretty common weight related issues are thyroid problems and autoimmune issues. I'd expect him to get a fairly thorough set of blood work done as a starting point. You may have to be patient (no pun intended) though as there are still many things we just don't know about the human body yet.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    I think the best approach would be to just explain your situation and tell him your concerns. Your doctor is better placed than we are to make suggestions/diagnosis. I assume this is a doctor you have a history with so he can already take into account previous medical issues. Some pretty common weight related issues are thyroid problems and autoimmune issues. I'd expect him to get a fairly thorough set of blood work done as a starting point. You may have to be patient (no pun intended) though as there are still many things we just don't know about the human body yet.

I second this- your composition is changing clearly. Ask him what he thinks and see what he recommends. OH and if you can print your food and exercise log for the last couple weeks and bring it to him. :drinker: Good Luck!!
  • megsta21

I second this- your composition is changing clearly. Ask him what he thinks and see what he recommends. OH and if you can print your food and exercise log for the last couple weeks and bring it to him. :drinker: Good Luck!!

Thanks!! yes I have already printed... I just want to see if there is anything I am missing... i wanna lose Kilos as well as tone up... =)
  • bearski79
    bearski79 Posts: 10 Member
    If the doc still can't find anything out of the ordinary today (and i hope that is the case), it might be worth paying to see a nutritionist and personal trainer to design a plan for you to follow with exercise and eating. I don't think going 4 times a week is needed (nor budget friendly), but a couple of consultations to steer you in the right direction.

There seems to be so many rules, tips, tricks and catch 22's when it comes the weight loss, and everyone's got a different set of them, that some professional guidance might kick start the process of dropping those kgs.

I hope it all works out.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Sometimes thyroid tests can come out normal if your borderline, there are multiple ways to test it. If that could be the issue, you may have to see an endocrinologist(sp?) or make your dr test you each month until you get an answer. It took me a year to figure it out on my own, while the drs told me IDK whats wrong with you, take and asprin daily.... uggg... I hope you get an answer that your ok with. Good luck! Oh, also google and webmd are great tools, that (and my mom being diagnosed hypothyroid) is how I figured out what (one of) my problem(s) was.
  • MsLisaB
    Hey Megs, how did the Dr go?

I am assuming you're on the east coast (I'm in Perth) and hence have seen your Dr already.
  • megsta21
    Yeppers... im in Sydney....

I explained my problem & showed him printouts of my food & exercise diary and he took a blood sample to check my Thyroid and other stuff... so yeah... will know on monday....
  • MsLisaB
    *fingers crossed* hopefully you get a result to work with, not just "well those tests were all OK".
This discussion has been closed.