Tats

Options

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Dang, I thought this was a boobs thread.

nah, that's a different body modification thread
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have two as of right now. I have a hello kitty on my forearm and a 12 hour back piece on my back. It's a dead tree with birds and a quote from the raven. My father did it last summer. He is just learning and I wanted one from him so I have something to remember him by always. :) Going to add onto it this summer with more branches and birds. I also plan on getting bats up my hip and pelvis that lead to a batman symbol (I'm a nerd).
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly in my hip/stomach. Got it after I separated from my first husband. It has an eye in it's wing so I felt it signified freedom from the idiot and something to watch over me.

I want another one but I still have to be convinced to do it since I think where I want it placed will be painful.
  • ashahardt
    ashahardt Posts: 10
    Options
    I have both my feet fully done, my forearm, my front shoulder and my wrist. Love them all. Want my thighs next.

So right now I have 5.

My first 2 (feet) were things that mean a whole bunch to me. My others were things I really like and represent me and my style at the time I got them.

I love body art. I get to carry it always, show it when I want and express myself without words.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    I have a butterfly in my hip/stomach. Got it after I separated from my first husband. It has an eye in it's wing so I felt it signified freedom from the idiot and something to watch over me.

I want another one but I still have to be convinced to do it since I think where I want it placed will be painful.

where you want it placed?
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have 5 right now.

1st - between my shoulder blades on the back, a copyright with roman numerals representing the year I was born. I got this on my 18th birthday to remind me that there's only one me down to the core.

2nd one was a stone crown around my ankle - my name means princess... also I needed it to remind me that I deserve to be treated as such.

3rd - a question mark on top of my foot - life's a journey, and question everything.

4th - A heart on my wrist to remind me to "keep my heart on my sleeve" since I tend to bottle everything until I explode.

5th is a combination of a heart, a celtic knotwork and words all in my lower back from side to side. heh.: love, hope, faith, peace. The knotwork represents my heritage - irish princesses used to wear this knotwork on their chest. Heart is because it's in everything I do. The words represent words I live by.
  • Ovrseas
    Ovrseas Posts: 4
    Options
    Half sleeve right arm and full back .... Next is full left arm sleeve

344wort.jpg
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    I've had eight sittings I think, and it's my first tattoo. It is a traditional phoenix that goes on my side from left scapula over ribs down to mid-thigh. My artist is in the USA but is coming back in June so four more sessions and it will be finished!
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Currently I have two. A crecent moon on my hip and the celtic symbol for sisters on my shoulder.

I have an appointment set for my next, a Joker/Robin centric tat based from the New 52.

I plan to get a matching crecent moon on my opposite hip, zelda life hearts on my arm, a dragon fly made of body parts somewhere Im not quite sure of yet, and others hopefully afte that. :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    3 big ones so far

- one stupid one on my neck
    -one big pink fairytale castle on my arm
    -one rainbow shooting star on my arm
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    6. if you do a search, you'll find where i chronicled them at one point on here. too lazy to do it now.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options

Ribs. Not a lot of flesh there but I think it would look cool.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    None.:.. In it for tat pics.... Have a weakness for men w ink lmao
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, but I love looking at them on other people, especially if they're well-done.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    3 doves on my lower ribs/hip.

A cross and the word "fearless" on the back of my neck.

"She flies with her own wings" on my ribs by breasts.

get-attachment-1aspx_zps2db907e6.jpeg

IMG_1927_zps135b646d.png
  • sentaruu
    Options

yeah that's a tender spot. pain is only temporary :drinker:
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    3 little blackbirds behind my ear and a butterfly on my right shoulder....Have a consult Friday for a rib tat..A quote to celebrate my freedom from things in my life that have been weighing me down.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I have two rib tattoos and they didn't hurt (I was extremely skinny when I got both of the tattoos also…. 97 lbs). Ribs are the most painful area though and everyone has a different pain threshold. The tattoo artist warned me before he began tattooing that it's the most painful place and to let him know if I need him to stop.

If you want the tattoo on your ribs, just do it. It'll be over before you know it.
  • KandySkull82
    Options
    Hey! I have a few tattoos!

Skulls and roses sleeve, evil dolls head with wings on my chest, a black cat on my left leg, a dragon and heart on my right ankle, a melting heart on my lower back, a pin-up on my left shoulder, a rose on my left arm, the beginning of a new sleeve on my left arm and on my right wrist I have 'Euphoria take my hand'. I love tattoo's!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    "Dare to dream" is on my left wrist. You can see it in my pictures. I think they're set so anyone can see them.

I'm thinking about getting another one, but I can't decide on a design, size, and placement (maybe my back), yet. I'm an animal rescuer. I'd like to figure out a way to commemorate the animals I've adopted and lost, through the years.