fast food HELP

nataliew834
nataliew834 Posts: 22
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
ok so i just started my fitness pal and im really excited!! QUESTION- im in college and work also and sometimes i dont have time to go home and i want a hot meal to go... usually ill go to mcdonalds (ugh, i know i know) and just get a grilled chicken wrap with no cheese and no sauce...(just a wrap, grilled chicken, and lettuce) or get a potato from wendy and only use a little butter and salt and pepper... I dont want anything to throw me off track...is this bad for a meal like lunch...or does anyone know of any thing from fast food that is actually healthy...a lot of places claim to have healthy food when its actually not....

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    i try super hard to avoid it at all costs but, mcdonalds southwestern chicken salad i think is under 500 with grilled chicken AND dresing, BKs garden chicken salad is pretty fabulous, and they have fat free ranch that dosen't suck, and thats about al im comfortable ordering, lol.
    Props to you for making informed decisions! all fast food places post their nutrition facts online, take a peekie boo!
  • Theps
    Theps Posts: 15
    Do you have a Subway nearby? They have a lot of healthy choices if you are careful what you pick for your sandwich. They will even toast it for you so it can be a hot sandwich.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Well eating out isn't recommended if you're trying to accomplish weight loss but there are a few low calorie "meals" I know of that aren't that bad.

• Mcdonalds cheesburger - 300 cals
    • Wendys Double stack (360 cals) and small chilli- 550 cals total (Packed w/ protein, 37 grams & 6 grams of fiber. Rated best drive thru cheeseburger when watching your caloric intake)
    • Quiznos Roadhouse steak sammies (2)- 330 calories
    • Chick-fil-a Chargrilled chicken sandwich - 270 calories

If you eat out alot, alot you should buy The Calorie King- Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2010 edition. It's 7.99 @ Walmart and Books A Million. It's small and you can put it in your backpack or purse and pull it out whenever your going to est out. It has a TON of info. But I recommend you pack your own lunches. That way you'll know EXACTLY how many calories you're taking in and you're eating healthy! Good luck!
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    You should always try to pack a lunch if you don't have healthy options for eating later on in the day (and starving yourself until you get home to non fast food is just not an option). But if you can't manage to bring a sack lunch from home, these are my fast-food go to meals when I've got nothing else (and they're surprisingly good for you too ! )

1. Starbucks:
    - Perfect Oatmeal (140 cals without toppings): Great source of fiber and iron, with nut medley you add protein as well.
    - Egg White, Spinach & Feta Wrap (280 cals): Protein in the egg whites and fiber in the wrap, keeps me full for a long time.
    - Protein Artisan Snack Plate (370 cals): Protein and fiber fills you up and good for you fats.

2. Jamba Juice
    - Peach Perfection Smoothie (210 cals): All fruit and unsweetened fruit juices are full of vitamins. Add whey protein boost to feel fuller, longer.

3. Taco Bell
    - Grilled Steak Soft Tacos, Fresco Style (2 Tacos - 320 cals): High protein, lots of flavor, low in calories.

Women's Health Magazine has a lot of helpful information, check this site out:

http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/blog/20-best-restaurant-foods-america

Hope this helped!
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    I'm not sure if this will help you alot but since you mentioned McDonalds I'll post this link to a list of fast food chains and a calorie calculator for their foods. It always amazes me how much sugars and so on they add to their foods hopefully this will help you out.

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators
This discussion has been closed.