Trying to Stay Motivated and not Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! I have only been allowing myself weekly weigh ins because I tend to stress about it but I decided to monitor this week since I thought my screwy pre-menopausal symptoms were to blame. Down to 208.6 this morning! If I don't count the jump up earlier this week, that's down 1.2 pounds from my last weigh in! Okay, now I'm feeling back on track and happy!

*happydance*

Way to go!!
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sigh....okay, almost 2 weeks later and I have continued to waver around the 210 mark. And I am so unbelievably sick of the stupid "complete entry" option on My Fitness Pal. Every time I hit it says, "If you continue to eat the way you did today, in 5 weeks you will weigh..." under 200 pounds. Uh, well, it's been 4 weeks of it saying that same thing every day and I doubt seriously I'm going to lose 10 pounds this week. I'm trying to avoid looking when I hit it because it just depresses me. I know I'm getting healthier and I know things are improving; I'm not quitting so that's not the issue. I'm just mad that my body is fighting me so hard about letting go of the weight. I do know that there are other changes and you shouldn't base it all on the scale; I don't. I have acknowledged a lot of improvements. But at some point the scale is part of it and the number has to start coming down. It's amazing to me that I was eating whatever I wanted to eat before I changed my ways and I MAINTAINED my weight for several years. I did not gain. (I had one spurt of a weight gain to 224 fairly recently and that is the only weight I've been able to get off.) But now that I am finally trying to take it off, now that I'm eating half of what I ate before AND I'm exercising, now I see no change on the scale past the initial loss of that one spurt of weight gain I had. Like I said, I'm not quitting, I'm just mad. I've even been avoiding reading the success stories which I usually love but lately they just make me depressed instead of motivated.

I know diet wise the biggest thing I've had trouble controlling is sodium. Not every day but some days. I've tried to up my water intake those days but so far, nothing has changed.