Eating less Calories but going over protein

Options
how many of you are eating less than your calories but go over on protein, or sugar?

what will happen because i'm noticing that is happening to me....

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    MFP has the protein levels set low. Check out this site for more info on protein/carb/fat levels:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

HTH :flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think it is really hard to get a perfect balance unless you stay well under calories and even then I often go over on sugar....fruit and fruit juice are to blame but as its natural sugars i'm really not overly bothered. AND if you stay well under you're not really getting the "perfect balance"

Yes I want to lose weight, get fitter but not by obsessing to that extent. as long as i'm under on the fats and not stupidly over on the rest I can live with it.

Oh and one slimfast shake contains 29g sugar...yowsers, bang goes my "I'm in a hurry can't be bothered to cook and eat" solution.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    I am nearly always over in protein and sugar. Sugar due to fruit so I no longer track it... As far as I can tell it has done nothing bad for me.
  • upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    Options
    I dont track sugar seperatly, but carbs are low for me, protein high, cause in breastfeeding. But i dont drink juices - i prefer to use those 100 kcal/glass for tuna etc.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    how many of you are eating less than your calories but go over on protein, or sugar?

what will happen because i'm noticing that is happening to me....

I don't track sugar, I do track carbs and very, very seldom I am over, mostly I am under. It all depends on what I eat I am on target with the protein or just below because I readjusted the balance of nutrients in my MFP profile. If you eat healthy, I don't think that you should worry unless you go way over the sugars because you eat lots of deserts or pastries.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    I go way over my sugars but ignore it now as its mostly fruit and milk...
    Protein I go over on also but as I go the gym lots I dont think its a bad thing.... it rather be over on that than carbs or calories!! :smile:
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I stopped tracking sugar ages ago - I was getting disheartened to see how much I was going over every day, and it was only through fruit!
    I am occasionally over on protein but like others have said, that's far better than being over on carbs or fat - AND it's working, I'm getting slender, slowly but surely. A UK size 12 will be mine for Christmas.:smile:
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A UK size 12 will be mine for Christmas.:smile:
    [/quote]

heres hoping for the same on that one
    :)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for the insight. i was kinda getting disheartening also...