SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i havent tried this but it sounds interesting:

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with caulifolwer pizza?

Nothing - I just didn't like the texture , flavor was fine. I prefer to pick my pizza up not eat it with a fork. I'd rather use a flat bread to make pizza on (90 cals + toppings) than the cauliflower crust
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My family also loves it roasted. After it's roasted, I toss it with a little balsamic vinegar, top it with Parmesan cheese and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes. A friend asked me if the leftovers tasted as good, and I told her I have no idea because we never have any. My hubby and daughter fight for the last bites!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    There is obviously something wrong with your children, and you should take them to the doctor.

I'm not a cauliflower fan (obviously), but I have had it deep fried, which was delicious (no coating, just fried). Perhaps roasting so that it gets a good canalization will be ok, but I haven't been willing to try that yet.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Don't mask it, roast it. Toss chunks of it in oil and spices, spread on a baking sheet and roast in a hot oven until it starts to carmelize.

But, if you must mask it, mash it and smother it with mushroom sauce. Steam, nuke or boil it, and mash as you would potatoes. Mix in a potato if you want it to taste more like mashed potatos
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well your 2 year old probably wont like it but i love it. google cauliflower buffalo bites. MMMMMMMMMMMM
  • brampe
    brampe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leave the head of cauliflower whole, just cut out the core. Wrap cauliflower in plastic wrap, poke a few holes in wrap, stick head in microwave for 10 to 15 minutes until done. Check that is is soft by sticking a fork or knife in it. (i usually cook my cauliflower upside down for 1/2 the time then flip it right side up. seems to cook better this way)
    Take plastic wrap off head of cauliflower and put it right side up on a plate.
    Mix together 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayo with 2 or 3 T prepared mustard (or to your taste). Spread the mixture all over the head of cauliflower, stick it back in the microwave for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
    Cut cauliflower head up and serve.
  • jenpellizzari
    Options
    I boil the cauliflower, mash it. Add one egg, breadcrumbs, red onion, pepper and a bit of cheese. Form patties and fry in some coconut oil for 3 mins a side.
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Roast at 375 for 30 minutes or so. Half a head of cauliflower with 1/4 cup parm cheese some salt and pepper and 1/8 of a cup of olive oil. Delicious. The outside gets all crispy and delightful!