Clothes Looser but....

vauleese
vauleese Posts: 75
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
The scale has NOT budged? What on earth is going on here? I admit there were 3 days that I was off my own personal health waggon, but overall before that I was watching what I ate, counting calories and exercising as often as I could. I've heard you loose inches before lbs but then why to start did I loose 4lbs?

Replies

• have u bn working out cause muscle weighs more than fat so that will probs be it
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    This is a common problem, a regular hurdle on the path to shedding weight. Don't worry about it, success is not just about loosing weight but loosing mass (inches) too. It's perfectly normal, and if your clothes are getting looser that surley means you're doing something right :) keep pushing and don't give up, eventually you'll push through it. If it goes on for too long you can maybe look at shaking up your metabolism by having a week where you eat maintenance level calories and then go back to loosing etc just to give your body a jolt :)
  • have u bn working out cause muscle weighs more than fat so that will probs be it

I've been doing cardio and strength training. It's just getting frustrating!
  • i know its annoying me too but my clothes do feel looser, i just gain muscle really easier cause i do running n stuff n that seems to gain it and strength training will defo gain muscle just keep at it :)
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Don't get frustrated! Remember your goals, because overall health has very little to do with that stupid scale. Clothes looser, body stronger, Loosing fat and gaining lean muscle thats going to continue to use calories all the time; This is why we're here!

You lost weight the first week because your body didn't have time to adapt to the changes and dropped some weight. Probably half of that was water weight. Just keep going. Always moving forward, making the right choices. The scale will start to show the changes, but the mirror and tape measure are both far more important measuring tools then the scale.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, 5 lbs. of fat & 5 lbs. of muscle both weight 5 lbs.
    However, 5 lbs. of fat takes up more space than 5 lbs. of muscle does.
    Just sayin'.

Google the article "Why the Scale Lies" for some insight.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    GOD, I'm so SICK of the "muscle vs fat myth". It's NOT A MYTH. Muscle is more DENSE then fat, so the same volumetric measure of muscle is 4 times as heavy as fat. Every r-tard knows that 5 lbs equals 5 pounds.

It's just a lot easier to say "Muscle is heavier then fat" then to say "If given the same volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more, therefore you can be smaller and not necesarily lose weight".

That being said, it's much harder to gain muscle, even by weight, then lose fat. It's just hard to lose fat at all.

LIke I said, the mirror and the tape measure are better for seeing if you're having results then the scale, atleast for the first little while.

(I'm sorry, I'm in a bad mood now because of another thread.)
This discussion has been closed.