I'm back and need lots of support

Options
Hello everyone serial yo yo dieter here!!!!
I lost four stone in 2011 and managed to keep it off for a year and maintain my weight however I have been in a very comfortable relationship for the past year and the inevitable has happened!!! Yes! I've put 2 stone back on! So now I really need to get back on the wagon as I really don't want to go back there! Also we are planning on trying for a baby the end of the year and I really don't want to have to get rid of baby weight as well as the extra weight.
I'm hoping to find lots of supportive people who will be my dieting buddies and really keep me motivated and in return I will try my best to keep u motivated too!
I'm really not an exercise person my job as a carer is fairly physical so hoping that will help.

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yo-yos of the world, unite!

I lost all the weight I wanted to, then life kicked me to the curb and I gained it all back from comfort eating. In addition, I dropped all my exercise so now I am weaker than I ever have been in my life.

Becoming heavy and weak again is not inevitable. It happens, but it is not a predestined fate.

Point is, your situation is very common and there are many people on this site with similar yo-yo experiences. You have an additional task - you will become pregnant and must take in enough to support the pregnancy in a healthy manner.

Ok, as a guy and not a doctor, I do not want to give any suggestions for maintaining yourself through pregnancy. Also as a guy, if my pregnant wife asked me at 2am for a half gallon of coconut cookie dough ice cream, I'd have the car started before she finished the phrase. This is a learned survival behavior, oh yeah!

Before your pregnancy, you can establish great habits of exercise and healthy eating habits. I think maintaining exercise during baby time is the key.

You need some female MFP friends. I am surprise how much it means to get those "likes" every day!
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    A suggestion - get one of those digital pedometers and find out just how active you are during the day. Do you really walk the recommended 10,000 steps a day? If not, plan to do some walking with your guy after work. It will be good for both of you and a great opportunity to just hang out together, and maybe talk. :flowerforyou:
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Neat! I haven't seen a slide rule for years. Used to have one that looked just like that. :happy: