exercise

Options
Hey all,
i know we need some sort of exercise to loose weight, what i want to know, if u r limited is it enough to just go for walks ( i walk everywhere) and do stuff like cleaning around the house and light exercises 2-3 times a week? Cause i am very limited with my schedule! I do wanna be healthy and loose weight, but if i don't i am ok with that! I just don't wanna GAIN weight that is my goal....Not to gain weight

If i follow fitness pal and light exercises will i be ok?

Replies

• Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I am no expert and I am sure you will get other responses...I have been on here since March 2010 and have lost weight from watching what I am eating and doing mostly walking. I have jogged for up to 6 min but mostly walking. I have other health issues so working out is not an option for me. I am seeing my tummy and my hips getting smaller along with muscles in my legs.
    So to answer your question, if you eat healthy and walk and keep pushing yourself walking yes you will lose weight.

Good Luck
    Mary
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not taking in more calories than you are expending you should be fine. Remember, diet is 80% of the battle. I'm proof of that, I work out A LOT and still gained weight (not muscle) because of what I was eating. I haven't changed my workouts at all and have lost 9 lbs. officially just changing what and how much I eat.
  • IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    Options
    +1 to cardbucfan. It's all about what you eat! Exercise just gives you more of a calorie "cushion" to work with, but you still need to be mindful of calories in versus calories out.
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i have been haveing alot of health issues lately, so i had to stop weight training for a little wile maybe 2-3 weeks....I am also getting a stationary bike but a little later than i thought on account of financial issues...

Just wondering if this is enough for now! For the next month or so.....I usually have 3-400 calories left over at the end of the day and i walk as much as i can! Instead of the bus i walk, that is about 20 min in the morning leisurely walking and lunch time i walk 1/2hr and on my way home if it is nice and not raining i get off the bus and walk! That is another 1/2hr! So about and hour a day i walk....This will be like this for the next 2-3 weeks maybe more until i am well enough!

All the junk food is now out of the house i eat as well as i possibly can....I mean we all know what is good for us and what isn't, i allow myself 1 cheat day a week
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Eat right and walk using MFP and you will lose and/or maintain your weight! keep up the good work Lyn!
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    thanks Mollie i really don't feel good in my own skin right now! U know that feeling of ARGHHHHHHHH fatty fat...But i am trying to stay positive and do my best!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Walking is definitely enough exercise if you're eating right. When I changed from a job where I was sitting at a desk all day to a job that involved going out to the gate to let visitors in and doing patrols of the site I lost around 30lbs without changing my eating habits. When I changed what I was eating I lost even more.