Cant find a middle ground?

Hey! So im female 5'5 and 220 pounds.

a while ago I lost around 30 pounds on a very restrictive diet, Id say less than 50 carbs a day no bread,pasta not even low carb and I cooked all my meals myself. most of my meals were chicken with broccoli.

right now i;m in college and any food imaginable is never more than a 5 minute walk away. I also play rugby and go to the gym frequently. My diet is pretty healthy (as healthy as it can get with the options I have) and I haven't gained any weight since I lost last but I haven;t lost any inches or pounds either.. I really would like to lose 50 pounds before next september but I cant seem to lose ANY weight unless I go under 50 carbs/1250 calories a day which really drains me of energy and puts me in a bad mood. Does anybody have any tips to finding some sort of middle ground and what the hell is going on with my weight loss issues?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    weight loss is about your calorie deficet...and since your diary isn't open...it's hard to really pinpoint.

But you say you eat less carbs...not sure why???

If you are maintaining your weight you are probably eating more than you think...if you don't weigh your food that is very easy to do.
  • carbs trigger your body to store fat, so eating under 50 carbs a day sends your body into ketosis which makes your body use fat as energy. Like I said before I was losing 3-4 pounds a week eating between 1300-1400 calories under 50 carbs but im curious as to why I cant even lose 1-2 a week when eating around 80-90 net carbs
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    carbs trigger your body to store fat, so eating under 50 carbs a day sends your body into ketosis which makes your body use fat as energy. Like I said before I was losing 3-4 pounds a week eating between 1300-1400 calories under 50 carbs but im curious as to why I cant even lose 1-2 a week when eating around 80-90 net carbs
    too many calories!!
  • I'm a pre nursing student...carbs don't trigger your body to store fat unless you're insulin resistant or binging on lots of starches. Glucose is the body's preferred source of energy. Low carb forces you into ketosis, and forces your body to burn fat and well as protein for fuel...While it will work and may continue to work for a long time, eventually it comes to an end. I am 5 foot 5, and was 215 when I started my lifestyle change in Feb. I am a full time college student with a full time job. Whether you're active or not, you need to eat at a deficit and use a scale to portion because that's the only way to be honest with yourself about what your really fueling your body with. I don't know what your calorie limit is per day, but hopefully you're not on the 1200. Mine is 1550 per day, I eat back half of my exercise calories, and it's working. I am also diabetic and eat a lot of carbs because the more weight I lose, the less resistant my cells are to insulin, and the better my body processes glucose. (So the better my body functions!) After we get to this excessive weight, almost any change towards healthier eating habits makes about 80 percent of the difference. Figure out your BMR and TDEE, then you'll know if you're actually treating your body well with the amount you're eating or you're abusing it.