Studying hunger/munchies

Options
When I study for hours on end in the library (life of a grad student) I get the munchies really bad, or feel hungry when I know that I have just eaten. It gets to the point where I have trouble focusing, because I am just thinking about food. Any of you have anything that's helped you in a similar situation?

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Chew (regular not diet) gum and keep a full water bottle with you.
  • MaddieHard
    MaddieHard Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been finding finals stress horrible for my diet! You are definitely not the only one. A few tips: pack healthy snacks (grapes and carrots are great because they take longer to eat and you can mindlessly munch on them), drink a ton of water, get up and go for short walks around the library. What the other woman said about gum is also valid! We are almost done final exams hang in there!!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    First off it may be more nerves and stress than hunger or the munchies. As a former graduate student, this has happened to me plenty of times. It helped me to take breaks in between study sessions. Give yourself a mental break after every 2-3 hours. If you can, go for a walk to clear your head and drink water.

BTW - Congratulations!
  • Beet_Girl
    Beet_Girl Posts: 102
    Options
    Hmm I always thought gum makes you more hungry, cuz the chewing and saliva excretions makes your body ready for food. But if it works for you all, might give it a try.

I like the idea of destressing,