Jillian Michael's fans....

Options
How do you typically log her workouts? As 30 minute kickboxing? Only 20 minutes because of warm-up/cool-down?? Just curious how others log it.

Replies

• CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Circuit training, under the cardiovascular setting for the most part.
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred and I log it as 20 minutes of Circuit training.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor (with chest strap) and log the calories burned (actually my Garmin running watch with the satellite turned off), still not perfect, but I think it's better than any alternative.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I like the No More Trouble Zones. It's free on youtube, and 45 minutes of circuit training with 10 minutes of warmup and cooldown. it's really intense, but I burn so many calories and I'm getting great results by integrating this with lifts from p90x.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MFP tends to over-estimate calories burned... your best bet is to get a HRM with a chest strap :smile:
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    MFP tends to over-estimate calories burned... your best bet is to get a HRM with a chest strap :smile:

^This! I have the polar ft4. It comes in a plethora of colors, it's relatively cheap and accurate, and it's easy to program. I think I paid 100 bucks for mine at best buy, and that included a two year warrantee.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

For sure. I did 27 mins of 30 Day Shred today, HRM with chest strap showed 171 calories, logging it on MFP under "circuit training" for 27 mins would give me 264, almost 100 calorie difference!
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options

For sure. I did 27 mins of 30 Day Shred today, HRM with chest strap showed 171 calories, logging it on MFP under "circuit training" for 27 mins would give me 264, almost 100 calorie difference!

Yeah, for 45 minutes of No More Trouble Zones, I blast off about 400 calories. But it's almost 200 more according to MFP. I'm extremely pleased with my burns, but MFP overestimates so much.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    Ok thanks...a HRM is on my wish list right now. For now I'll just continue logging at 20 minutes...it puts it in for me at about 220 calories. Probably off a bit, but I try to only eat back about half my calories to leave room for error.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options

Yeah, for 45 minutes of No More Trouble Zones, I blast off about 400 calories. But it's almost 200 more according to MFP. I'm extremely pleased with my burns, but MFP overestimates so much.
    Yeah I've done that one too. I like it and it is intense. Her 25 minute kickboxing one on youtube is super intense too!