Hi! I'm a newbie!

Options
Hi! My name is Jessica and I weigh about 186 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight as long as I can remember. I just recently got married and put back on the lbs I lost prior to the wedding. I feel really happy to have found this site because i really want to stay on track with counting out calories and eating better. I have cut juices out of my diet and have stuck to only drinking water. So far...so good! I just hope i can stick to it. If any of you have some advice, that would be great! I am really trying to lose weight around my stomach area, in my face and arms. Thanks!

Replies

• SunySyde
    Options
    I am a newbie too! We are the same weight, I dont know how much you want to lose and cant offer much advice but we can go this journey together! I want to lose about 30 pounds, I think that is good for my age and frame. What are your goals?
  • pdasilva75
    Options
    hey I'm hardly on anymore but decided I needed to get back to it because for about 2 months I got offtrack and put on about 5 lbs back. anyhow, I found that when I exercised instead of using the extra calories they gave me back for exercising, if I stuck to just the calories I'm allowed that that's when I consistently lost the weight weekly. I lost about 2 lbs every week for like 3 months. some weeks none because of a birthday party etc I might of splurged. I've kept if off mostly. and I hardly exercise because I barely have time. But keep trying and good luck.
  • amontoya99
    Options
    Hi Jessica. We weigh almost the same. I am at 185 right now. When I started losing weight a year and a half ago, I weighed 227. I absolutely love MFP, because it's free, and the food database is excellent. I figured out that the only way for me to be successful with weight loss is to exercise, and journal what I eat. I like to eat a lot, and the only way I can get away with that is to exercise and earn some calories to add back in to my daily total. I have about 35 pounds left to lose. How much are you wanting to lose?
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunyside!

I actually want to lose 36 lbs i guess. I'm trying to be 150. I'm really excited about having someone else that is about the same weight as me and has the same goals! We definitely have to motivate each other.

Hi pdasilva!

Thanks for coming back on and i really hope that you stick around :). I think the point you made about exercising but not using the points they give you back is KEY! I'm definitely going to do that.

I'm really feeling excited about this journey this time around, I just hope the motivation stays!
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey Moon!

I have about 36lbs to lose. What i've come to realize is that i eat...for no reason. If i think its time to eat, then i do, and sometimes i just eat to have had something in my mouth. this is horrible. its not like i ate a whole bunch of big meals, but a little bit of crackers here, cheese here, soup here, stuff like that, really adds up. Not to mention that my husband works for Carrabba's so there are a lot of times that he will bring food home, and i will just go ahead and try it. I'm going to really try my best this time around. Its good to know that a lot of us have the same goals :)

Thanks for the tip!

One thing i started saying to myself is that "hunger is a state of mind" lol. That kind of helped me when i was kinda craving something between meals. I also try to eat every 3 hrs to keep my metabolism going.
  • SunySyde
    Options
    Hey Well lets get it, we have this wonderful, free website to help with meal and exercise tracking, we have people that will support and encourage us so we can only lose!! LOL...Weight that is. Its only been 2 serious days for me...well a day and a half but I feel this time I am going all the way!

I wish you all the best of luck!