I'm losing my modivation

Options
I have been dieting for about a month and honestly I don't see a huge change a friend suggested I join this site and keep track of my daily intake and really I think I'm doing pretty good and so do my friends and family.

but when I look in the mirror I still see that double chin and flabby arms I'm scared I am doing something wrong, I go for 30-40 minute walks everyday I try to move around more in general.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Quit looking in the mirror for a while and focus on your overall loss of inches and overall fitness. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Make changes that you are able to keep up with, even when you go on maintenance after your goal has been met.

Welcome to MFP, by the way. :flowerforyou:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You just have to be patient. It sucks, but it's true. As people say, you didn't get gain all of your weight overnight and you won't lose all of that weight overnight either. Just keep what you're doing and give it time.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Quit looking in the mirror for a while and focus on your overall loss of inches and overall fitness. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Make changes that you are able to keep up with, even when you go on maintenance after your goal has been met.

Welcome to MFP, by the way. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the advice and welcoming !
  • Maqneta
    Options
    You just have to be patient. It sucks, but it's true. As people say, you didn't get gain all of your weight overnight and you won't lose all of that weight overnight either. Just keep what you're doing and give it time.

thanks for the advice!
    do you mind me asking how did you get that thing in your signature like the tracking bar is that the thing you have to take measurements for?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

thanks for the advice!
    do you mind me asking how did you get that thing in your signature like the tracking bar is that the thing you have to take measurements for?

If you go to the blue banner and click APPS then Tickers, you should find what you need :) You don't have to have one, but lots of people like to show off their progress! It automatically updates as you 'check in' with your new weight.
  • TifarahA
    TifarahA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the first month is AWFUL. I didn't notice anything either, but my friends started to notice after around a month and a half (even though I still didn't). Just keep at it and mix up your routine. If you want awesome workouts (varying in ability level) I'd suggest fitnessblender.com. Their videos/workouts are free. =]
  • Maqneta
    Options
    that's really how it feels at the moment I'll just keep going and work harder hopefully I'll notice it soon.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    xvYsJ4f.jpg

Just with anything worth having in life, it takes time and effort. Continue with set goals in mind and you cannot fail.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    xvYsJ4f.jpg

Just with anything worth having in life, it takes time and effort. Continue with set goals in mind and you cannot fail.
    thank you for the motivation.
  • DerROK
    DerROK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal :)

Walking is an excellent way to start exercising due to it's low impact nature and you will burn off calories doing it. However, it is a slow way to do it and you still need to ensure you are follow a good nutrition strategy and the walking burnt calories are not just being eaten back.

Over time try walking a bit longer and at a faster pace. When your body feels ready, try introducing a more demanding exercise regime: maybe 45 minute fast walking and then some body weight exercises like burpess and press ups for 15 minutes after.

In time, more weight will drop off and your body will be in better condition and you will have many more exercise programs you can choose from to challenge your body: find one you enjoy and have fun doing and again your progress will continue :wink:

Track your neck, waist (belly button) and also your hips at widest point as you a Lady: measure in centimetres and I think over a few weeks of good nutrition and walking, you will be surprised that there is a change even though you don't notice it yet in the mirror. With myfitnesspal you can record and track these measurements over time.

Also read some of the success stories: I have seen a number where from walking at first in time they progressed to doing INSANITY workouts. Personally, I prefer Kettlercise as it has a lower impact on the knees, but I have used INSANITY as well to keep my training interesting.

Will Brink is an excellent author if you want to read up on nutrition and exercise. Has an excellent eBook 'Fat Loss Revealed'.

Good Luck & Enjoy your journey :smile:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Usually when most of us began/begin we feel like it's impossible, and only focus on negative thoughts because we feed ourselves with negativity as a result of not grasping the idea that we can actually achieve our goal body.

To break that mindset, I suggest you check out the success stories on MyFitnessPal. They are so motivating, and most importantly they give you the concept that IT IS POSSIBLE. That's what got me into gear of starting with my goals, after seeing so many victories I just realized that I am possible of accomplishing what thousands have accomplished. After that it's all downhill, once you actually start believing in yourself (and wanting it bad enough to actually do something about it).

Here's the link in case you get lost in the forum http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories

Welcome to MFP :)

P.S.: Some helpful links too for you to check out whenever you can:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here