Accurate calories burned: treadmill or MFP?

Options
jdier
jdier Posts: 110 Member
After exercising on the treadmill for 30 min. the treadmill said I burned 263 and MFP said I burned 186. Which is right?

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    How fast were you going? If you don't use a HRM, I'd go with the lower number just to be on the safe side. :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP knows you height, weight, gender, and age, did you enter that info into the treadmill?
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Incline of 9 and 3.5 speed for about 20 min. and incline of 2 at 5 speed for about 5 min.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    MFP always says it is less for me too. I use the Nike+ chip and I go by that because it is with me and knows my pace better.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I think MFP would be closer to accurate. It takes your size into account. Good workout, by the way!
  • nez574
    nez574 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    go by your MFP its got all your details logged in.
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use my treadmill number because MFP doesn't take the incline into consideration. I also sometimes will jog a bit.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to use MFP info , because it always gives me double the kcls burned than what the treadmill says- for exmpl. two days ago - i did 120 minutes on treadmill b urned 1100 kcl - but mfp said i burned more like 2000 something..
    and it is every time like that- last night i did the bike, 65 min, burned 400 kcl- mfp said 800 something.. so i don't know that seems a little bit - too good to be true.